Yule

Draco let out a loud groan as he put down the box of decorations in front of the fireplace

Draco let out a loud groan as he put down the box of decorations in front of the fireplace. He stretched and cracked his back, the popping sounds shortly followed by a relieved sigh.

It had been the last box of ornaments Narcissa insisted were essential for the first day of Yule, and he was damn glad about that. Of course Draco was happy about the new additions to his family, but they all had different trinkets they loved and of course, Draco was the one who had to carry them around the manor.

Just as he cracked his neck, a voice behind him made him jump: "That looked heavy."

Draco turned around to see Harry standing in the doorframe, taking a long and loud sip of hot chocolate. The pom-pom at the end of his Santa hat covered half of his face and Draco stuck out his tongue at him: "You look ridiculous. This Santa muggle man has nothing to do with Yule, you know that, right?"

"No, I know. I still think I look sexy." The way Harry emphasised the last word made Draco laugh and he shook his head as he approached Harry: "Darling, right now, Kreacher is hotter than you."

Harry grinned into his mug and raised his eyebrow at his boyfriend: "So would you like to shag Kreacher tonight, or me?"

"I'd prefer if you didn't shag anyone tonight, Draco, considering Narcissa has assigned me the room next to yours."

A man had entered the room, tall and pale and somehow unnoticed and the grin on his face made Draco stop dead in his tracks: "Uncle Regulus. I'm sorry. Harry and I-"

"We were all young once, Draco, you mustn't worry," Regulus assured him, still with an amused smirk on his face. While Draco took pride in his confidence, he didn't think it was unfair to say it was different when it was your family.

"And besides," Regulus continued, pouring himself a glass of scotch by the bar in the corner of the living room, "Why should Kreacher be the only one getting to have fun tonight?"

Harry snorted and watched Draco cover his face, now drawing Regulus' attention to himself. He cocked his head to the side and seemingly inspected Harry's hat with a twinge of curiosity in his eyes: "Now, Santa, muggles call him? He's an important person for them, for Christmas?"

In hopes of distracting Draco's uncle from the awkwardness his boyfriend was feeling, Harry decided he was happy to tell Regulus more about the muggle fest: "Yeah, like, the most important guy. Especially for Americans, they're nuts about the whole Christmas thing. I mean, Dad told me that in India, it wasn't the same as the traditional Christmas, you know, it's western and all, so Mione probably knows more about it. But when we moved to England, we really started getting into it. Dad even came down the chimney once, to surprise me."

Regulus was fascinated and understood little of what Harry was telling him.

Draco decided to check on the food and left the two to their conversation.