Chapter 8: Destruction and Transformation!

Laufey looked down at the little man that stood in the crater his own body made without even a little bit of harm. His body was sturdy and even though thin, seemed to be sturdy. This brought a smile to her face, maybe just maybe this would not be a waist of time.

She could feel power welling up inside her body, her very aura scorched the ground beneath her feet and turn the once cold air humid and hot. Her muscles began to bulge with unfathomable strength as she stood before the little man.

"Don't disappoint me insect." Laufey said with arrogance as she assumed a fighting stance, all the while the skinny little human continued to stand completely still with nothing but a bored look on his face. She didn't care, all warriors had their own way of doing battle.

"My name is Laufey Titanborn and I challenge you little man!" She yelled out, her voice echoing for miles.

The small man with sleepy eyes scratched his head. "My name is Duncan Chulainn and I guess I accept your challenge."

Laufey rushed forward, moving her body with great speed. She rose her foot high into the air, massive chunks of earth fell from her soles and yet the small man did nothing but stand and look up at her foot.

"BOOM!!!!" Laufey slammed her foot down with such force a huge wave of power rushed through the whole forest, uprooting trees and creating masssive cracks that swallowed up the land.

Laufey could feel him underneath her foot. She wiggled her toes as her foot rested deep inside a crater.

"Come now my little warrior. Duncan right? I thought that you would be more of a challenge." She taunted.

Laugey slowly lifted her foot up from off the ground. She saw him laying their in her foot shaped crater. He laid perfectly still, his body completely intact as his brown eyes stared up at her.

She watched as Duncan stood up from his feet and brushed the dirt from his clothes. She bent down on her knees and brought her face close to the little man.

"What do I have to do to get you to fight me?" She said irritated. Laufey looked back towards the city and it was then an idea came to mind. Laufey smiled down at the little champion. "Maybe I should destroy the city." She said her eyes glowing with power. "What do you think of that?" She asked standing to her full height.

Laufey saw the bored look in the little man's eyes turn hard and serious, it was then that Laufey knew that she had succeeded.

"Don't you dare." Duncan said threateningly as he looked up at her with sharp eyes.

Laufey giggles lightly as she stepped over the little man and began to walk towards the city.

"You want to stop me little man, then you'll have to fight me." Laufey said looking back.
***
The people of OverReach saw her from afar walking towards their city, her eyes shining with murderous intent. They knew who she was, for she had walked through the whole city with her booming footsteps shaking and destroying the buildings in her path.

She was taller Than the 500 foot walls that protected the city and a little bit taller than the walls of the Colosseum that stood in the middle of the town itself.

"Oh by the gods shes coming back."

"Everyone get out of the way."

"Why did the king allow such a monster into the city?!"

"That battle maniac!"

He citizens screamed out in outrage and fear as the giant came closer and soon she stood right in front of the gate which came only up to her chest.