The Best Man (based on Marry Me by Train)

A/N- this is for never_let_me_go's one shot contest and based on the song marry me by train.

when i first got this song there were three ideas that i got-

the first being getting harry married ( which i refuse to let happen since im still dreaming about doing that myself.)

the second where there's something like a school project or somthing (but a lot of people already got to that first)

and the third is pretty much what ive written. enjoy and vomment.

“No, no, no” I muttered to myself hoping this was just a bad dream. Why was this happening to me? Of all the people in the world, the one person matt found to be his best man had to be him. The one person id hoped id never have to see again.

 Harry styles- my ex bestfriend, ex secret crush and the one person on my current most hated list of people besides my math’s professor was matt’s best man. I knew they’d been pretty close in high school. Infact id been the one to introduce them, but id just thought that harry had never kept in touch with him ever since his infamous rise to fame. Apparently, that held true only for me.

He stood at a little distance from me, his back facing me and yet I felt my heart begin to race, something I’d come to associate with him a long time ago. I cursed myself for this reaction, reminding my stupid brain that I didn’t feel anything for him anymore. He was the one who’d ignored my calls, never replied to my mails and probably thought of myself as not worthy of his highly sought presence and I wasn’t going to let him ruin today for me.

I saw him turn in my direction, and ducked hoping he hadn’t caught sight of me. I was going to stay away from him for as long as possible. I crawled over to the food trolley with the canapés hoping to stay hidden till he turned in the other direction, completely crumpling the baby blue bridesmaid dress that Leslie had forced me into earlier today. Not that I cared, I hated it anyways, but according to Leslie it highlighted my porcelain skin and since today was her special day, so I had no option but to oblige.

“Have you lost anything madam?” asked the waiter who stood next to the trolley giving me a shocked expression. He probably thought I’d lost my head if anything.

“Um yeah, actually I dropped my car keys somewhere. “ I replied saying the first thing that popped into my mind.

“I thought you had to deposit your car keys with the valet.” said an all too familiar voice. Shit. I looked up dreading to see harry standing in front of me wearing that stupid, confident smirk he always had on. If anything it had just increased in intensity since the last time I’d seen him. How could I be so stupid??

“Um yeah, I forgot” I mumbled my cheeks beginning to burn with embarrassment. That’s the reason I hated being a redhead. No matter how unaffected you wanted to look it always gave you away.

“Always the forgetful one weren’t you? I still remember the time you’d forgotten that he Halloween party had been cancelled and ended up at my house looking like batwoman.”

 Crap. He still remembered that? Well, that should have been the cue for the earth to split open and swallow me, but its petty obvious that things are not going the way I want them to today. The fact that an extremely irritating boyband member was still standing next to me was proof enough.

“So you do remember me?” I said shooting him a look that was meant to kill, but only got him chuckling louder.

“Ofcourse not. It’s just your amazing karma that you get to talk to me.” he joked, obviously finding the entire situation extremely hilarious. I would punch him if that’s what it took to get that smug look off his face.