Chapter 1

"Fuck off Joey." I snap at him, closing my
locker and walking through the halls. This stupid boy seriously needs to leave me alone, He keeps pushing me to go on a date with him, ew. Like I'd go out with that scum.
"Come on, just one date, l/n." He begged.
I flip him the middle finger and scurry off to Ms. Perky's office, the hallways seem longer today, but I shrugged it off and kept walking, until I turned the corner.

...

I reach her office and stand in the doorway. She must be talking to a new boy, I laugh under my breath. "Leave the poor boy alone, Perky." I tease. She raises her eyebrows at me and sends a soft smile my way. "Alright, Cameron run along now." He says nothing and quickly grabs his bag and makes his way out of her office, but gets blocked off by a beautiful boy with dark brown shaggy hair standing next to me in the door frame. He quickly scoots out the way so Cameron can get past, what a gentleman. "Patrick Verona. I see we're making our visits a weekly ritual." Ms. Perky remarked. The boy walks into her office and gives her a light smile."Only so we can have these moments together." He taunted
He's beautiful and Australian? My dream guy!
"Should I, uh, hit the lights?" He continues
She looks up from her papers.
"Oh, very clever, kangaroo boy." She joked. I wonder how many times he's heard that before, probably too times to many. She looks down to the boys files "Says here you exposed yourself in the cafeteria?"He sighs "I was joking with the lunch lady. It was a bratwurst."
"Bratwurst?... aren't we the optimist?"
He gives her a disgusted look, I fake gag and he glances over to me, grins and then his focus turns back to Ms. Perky.
"Next time, keep it in your pouch, okay?" She walks over to her desk "Scoot!"
The boy brushes past me and our eyes lock for what?...4 seconds but it seems like forever, he smiles at me flatly before walking by.
"Okay, Miss y/n  l/n, I see you're becoming one of the schools most hated students to teach?"
"It's my honour, Ms. Perky." I plant myself down in the chair in front of her, slumping my bag onto the floor.
"The problem is y/n, is that people perceive you as somewhat..."
"Charming?"
" 'Heinous bitch' is the term used most often."
I smile to myself."You might want to work on that... thank you." She doesn't even look up at me, and goes back to her computer, it seems like she's really focused on it, must be a new book she's writing, she writes a lot.
"No, thank you for your excellent guidance." I grab my bag and work my way to the door "I'll be back later, for one of our daily chats."

"I'm sure you will."

...

I walk down the hall past groups of people and open the door to Mr. Morgan's class.
"Ah. Miss l/n You're Just in time, I Hope Theres no trouble from you today?"
I put my hand to my heart and gasp, like I was offended "I would never do such a thing."
He claps his hands together, and smiles
"Okay then. What did everyone think of The Sun Also Rises?"
I walk through the rows of seats to my seat, behind Kat. A short-haired girl raises her hand.
"I loved it. He's so romantic."
I bet you Kat is going to say something about Hemingway not being romantic, she argues so much. I don't understand how English doesn't bore her.

"Romantic? Hemingway?" Now how did I know that Kat was going to do that? "He was an abusive alcoholic misogynist who squandered half his life hanging around Picasso trying to nail his leftovers."
"As opposed to a bitter, self-righteous hag who has no friends?" Joey sneered everyone starts laughing at this, but Kat didn't find this too funny, as she gave him a dirty look from behind her.
"Pipe down, Chachi." Mr. Morgan Nagged
Kat spins around to face Joey.
"I guess in this society, being male and an asshole makes you worthy of our time." She growls, But she quickly brushes off the subject and starts talking about the novel again.
"What about Sylvia Plath, or Charlotte Bronte or Simone de Beauvoir?"
The door opened loudly, a boy entering. With his shaggy, brunettes curls, sharp jawline, and undeniable charm , I could see that Patrick Verona had rushed into class.
"What'd I miss?" he asked, a little out of breath.. He looked around the classroom and caught my eye, he gives me a small wave and i smile at him.
"The oppressive patriarchal values that dictate our education." Kat answered
"Good." He spoke, and before I knew it he's already left the classroom, leaving the door swinging.
"Hey, hey!" Mr. Morgan shouts, trying to get him to come back into the classroom.
"Mr. Morgan. Is there any chance we could get Kat to take her Midol before she comes to class?" Joey Queried, with a smug look on his face.
"Someday you're gonna get bitch-slapped, and I'm not gonna do a thing to stop it." Mr. Morgan criticised "and Kat I want to thank you for your point of view. I know how difficult it must be for you to overcome all those years of upper-middle class suburban oppression... must be tough. But the next time you storm the P.T.A., crusading for better lunch meat, or whatever it is you white girls complain about, ask them why they can't buy a book written by a black man!" He yells.