The way i met you

She put our bags in the car and we were off. That was it. Simple as that. I got up and all of our stuff was packed and in our car. She handed me my phone and iPod and told me we were leaving. That was it, we just got up, woke up and walked out the door. My music blasted as I watched trees rush past the car window. My mom drummed her fingers on the streaming wheel as the hours rolled by. My legs were cramped but I said nothing. My mom was strange but she was not to be questioned. I felt confident in her decisions, we talked about moving because of her job for quite some time now but I never expected it to be so soon. Expected. We don't Expect anything do we. Not the death of my father or the loss of jobs or that durring my senior year I would be uprooted and planted in a new place and be expected to grow. We pulled into a rest stop and I stumbled out the car on my numb legs. Truckers wolf whistled at me and I turned and flipped then off. Gross. I went in the gas station and bought two sodas. I threw one to my mom and opened mine taking big gulps. "thanks sweetie" my mom said after quenching her thirst. This was my moms home town, North Carolina, she resently told me. She doesn't talk much about her childhood says that it's not important but I can tell something is. I just don't know what.