My Forest Nightmare

It was a cold and stormy winter's night, I was walking alone through a forest where it was dark, damp and dead-looking. I don't know how I got here and that worried me. It was scary to think that I just randomly ended up in the middle of nowhere in the middle of the night. Mist covered the forest floor making my legs and feet icy cold. I shivered and screamed when a loud crash of thunder rang through my ears and lightning lit up the stormy sky. Trembling, I whimpered and cowered, my back hitting a tree. I was lost with no way out in this petrifying storm.

Loud evil cackling, the dreadful noise of a little girls scream sent shivers down my spine. I ran. I needed to get out of here and fast! I ran, and ran, and ran, going deeper into the forest as I started to cry. My salty tears mixed with the freezing cold rain droplets falling from the dark cloudy night sky. Terrible thoughts ran through my mind as I kept running on the soggy, wet, muddy ground, isolated, from everything, as it seems.

A few hours later the storm and howling winds started to ease off, only rain now softly falling. I was panting from all that running. Thirsty, hungry and tired I sat down at the edge of a narrow river. I drank some water which seemed clear and fresh from the stream. It had a metallic taste to it and made me feel slightly sick but, I kept drinking, feeling dizzy from dehydration. I heard rustling amongst the spikey bushes and stood up curious to what had made the noise. I turned around to see a man around the age of 20-21 emerge from the shadows. His skin was pale, eyes dark, wearing nothing but black apart from a single chain around his neck. When he spoke the hair on my neck stood up, goose bumps covering my arms and legs.

"What is a pretty girl like you doing out here in the woods at such an hour?"

I stuttered not knowing what to say.

"I-I-I-I umm..."

"You look cold, you're shivering" he said as he put his leather jacket around my shoulders.

I choked out a 'Thankyou' unsure about this person as something about him seemed sinister. His leather jacket felt heavy on my shoulders but gave me a sense of warmth so I hugged it close to my body trying to get my body heat back to normal.

"So... you never answered my question."

"I-I don't know how I got here... last thing I remember was being at home cuddled up in my bed" I say quietly avoiding eye contact.

"Well maybe this is just a dream and, I just happen to know the best way to wake you up." The man replied with a smile.

"Okay" I said unsure "But before I do wake up... I never got your name" I knew it was stupid but something about this person seemed familiar.

"I'm Nathan and you are?"

"Alysha"

"Well Alysha, I think we should wake you up now don't you think?" He spoke with a grin.

"Yeah..." I said still unsure.

His smirk widened as he pulled me closer to him, his eyes turning crimson. I stared in shock as I tried to run but he was far too strong for me. He laughed evilly. It sounded just like the cackling before when I heard that young girl scream. My eyes widened in realisation. He had killed that girl and now he's going to kill me! Trembling as his teeth sharpened; his fangs appeared. I was beyond scared as Nathan lent in and bit into the flesh of my neck. I screamed bloody murder at the pain, feeling weaker and weaker as Nathan drank more and more blood until I blacked out; the last thing I see and hear is the sinister laugh of Nathan, his smirk and evil eyes, my blood dripping from his mouth.

----------------------- 3 Hours Later -----------------------

I groaned waking up, my vision blurry, sore and achy all over I sat up. Looking around I noticed that I wasn't in the forest. I was sitting on a soft mattress with blood red sheets, the walls were painted a dark grey, the room dimly lit. Where am I? How did I get here?

I could smell something burning but what? Getting up from the bed I timidly walked to the door. I reached out to grab the door knob but a hand grabbed mine and within seconds I was pinned against the door. I squealed and started to panic not being able to see what was in front of me, the room was too dark and my eyes were yet to adjust.

"You're not going anywhere" A voice growled

The voice was so familiar. My eyes widen in realisation as I begin to hyperventilate. Wriggling around I try to escape his firm grip but it was no use so I stopped feeling weak and defeated. His sinister laugh rang in my ears as I started to cry, salty tears once again cascading down my cheeks. Leaning down to my ear he whispered.

"You're mine and you're not ever leaving"