Part 1: Arrival

May 1, 2012 - Afternoon

Joint Dark Energy Mission Facility, Western Division

Project Pegasus, NASA Space Radiation, S.H.I.E.L.D. Accelerator Test Facility

Mojave Desert, Nevada

"Talk to me, Doctor."

Doctor Selvig looked up from behind the Tesseract at Fury's call.

"Director," he answered the call, stepping off the platform and moving towards him.

"Is there anything we know for certain?" Fury asked, his eye sliding between Selvig and the Cube; the Cube which was definitely glowing brighter than the last time he had visited.

"The Tesseract is misbehaving."

Fury eyed Selvig as they finally met halfway, "Is that supposed to be funny?"

"No, it's not funny at all. The Tesseract is not only active, she's..." the doctor clearly searched for a better word, only to come up with, "—behaving."

Fury's jaw twitched. "How soon can you pull the plug?"

"She's an energy source: we turn off the power, she turns it back on. If she reaches peak level..."

"We prepared for this, Doctor; harnessing energy from space."

"We don't have the harness. My calculations are far from complete...-"

Fury's eye returned to the Tesseract as Selvig continued his report, "...-Nothing harmful, low levels of Gamma radiation."

His head snapped back to stare at the doctor, "That can be harmful." Jaw tight, Fury gave a quick sweep of the rest of the compound, "Where's agen—"

Before he could finish though, the Tesseract hummed, glowing even brighter. "Doctor! It's spiking again," cried out one of Selvig's minions.

Both Selvig and Fury moved towards the call, eyes falling on the nearby screen. It displayed a graph tracking real-time energy emissions; not only was there an increased frequency of spikes, but also an increased intensity.

The Cube sparked once more, a much larger spike then those previous.

"What's that?"

Fury's singular eye had already locked onto the Cube, and before he could so much as tense, it sparked again — the ground and walls visibly shook.

It continued to spark more and more, each spark bigger than the last until it seemed as though it would spontaneously combust, and it did: An explosion of blue-white light-energy rippled out, tendrils grasping at the very top of the chamber...

...

Most dissipated...

...

... Though a small residue continued to linger.

And yet, this residue was not the only thing that remained; as the light dimmed, and visual returned, silhouettes took form.

Confusion and concern ran through Fury as he took in the several unknowns now on the platform, each odder than the last.

In the centre was a female covered in armor and clothes, both metal and what looked like leather. Their was all a metal exoskeleton around her that seemed to enhanced her power as well. Their was a helmet on her head with a gas mask and breathing tube connected to it and was specially made, their was also a band that looked connected to headphones on it with a mask in horizontal line shape with black see through material of some kind along with it in the shape of a plague mask. The actual of the armored mask is over the plague mask. She also had a metal belt that looked like it could turn into a weapon.