Messiahs

Messiah (Hebrew: מָׁשִיַח, Standard Mašía Tiberian Māšîª; Aramaic: משיחא, Məšîā; Arabic: المسيح‎, al-Masī) Literally, Messiah means "The Anointed (One)".  Figuratively, anointing is done to signify being chosen for a task; so, Messiah means "The Chosen (One)", particularly someone divinely chosen.

The Christian Messiah: Second coming of Jesus Christ. 

The Islamic Messiah: (Orthodox Sunnis) Muntazar: The successor to Mohammed who at the 'end of time' will unite the races of the world through understanding. 

The Aztec/Mayan Messiah: The return of Quetzalcoatl--an olive-skinned man with a white beard and followers in red. 

The Sioux Messiah: A man in a red cloak coming from the East. 

The Indonesian Messiah: the twelfth-century Indonesian prophet, Djojobojo, foresaw the coming of a great Spiritual King from the West to come after the Dutch and Japanese occupations, and what sounds like the severe end of the rule of Indonesian dictators, Sukarno and Suharto. 

The Hopi Messiah: Pahana the 'true white brother' from the East will wear a red cap and cloak and bring two helpers holding the sacred symbols: The swastika, the cross and the power symbol of the Sun.  He will restore the Indian version of the Dharma. 

The Buddhist mainstream Messiah: Maitreya: Meaning either 'The World Unifier' or simply 'The Friend.' A very human God-Man whom Buddha predicted will be a greater Buddha than himself. 

The Mahayana Buddhist Messiah: Amida: A great Christ-like Bodhisattva. 

The Japanese Messiah: Several sects of Japanese Buddhism and Shintoism foresee a variant of the Buddhist Maitreya appearing after 8 August 1988 (8/8/88). 

The Maori Messiahs: Over a dozen Maori chieftains in New Zealand from the nineteenth through the early twentieth centuries have laid claim to the title. 

The Messiah of Central Asian nomads: The White Burkhan.  He will come when the people of the steppes have abandoned their ancient gods (Communist Russia was atheist).  He will come to offer them and the entire human race a spiritual rebirth. 

The Jewish Messiah: "The" Messiah.  The true messenger of Yahweh, the god of the Jews, who will restore them to their status as the Chosen People.  Know his time has come when Israel is restored and the temple of Solomon is rebuilt (interest in rebuilding the temple was at an all-time high during the 1990s).

The Hindu Messiah: Kalki or Javada: The ninth and last Avatar of this yuga cycle.  His final incarnation will appear from the West. 

The Shiite Messiah: The twelfth Imam: The final religious leader of the Shiite sect of Islam.  He has never died but will reappear beside Jesus prior to Judgment Day to complete the Holy Qur'an (Koran). 

The Sufi Messiah: Khidr, the mysterious guide of the Islamic spiritual underground.  He is the Sufi's version of the Shiite twelfth Imam and Muntazar of the Sunnis. 

The Zoroastrian Messiah: Saoshyant: Like Zarathustra, he's scheduled to come at the Zoroastrian twelfth millennium (AD 2000)

The Eskimo Messiah: the prophets of the Arctic foresee him to be an olive-skinned man with long beard and white hair who comes from the East.