||~𝔉𝔬𝔲𝔯𝔱𝔢𝔢𝔫~||

"Easy Hotaru

"Easy Hotaru. Don't open your eyes just yet" the quiet voice of Midori makes Hotaru pause as she comes back into consciousness.

Awareness starts to flood her as she scrunches up her features, her world still bathed in darkness. Midori places a wet cloth over her eyes, preventing her from opening them knowing from experience that it would only lead to more problems if she did.

Hotaru groans softly as she feels like her head has been caved in by a metal bat and her muscles are stiff and achy. As she regains her senses she can feel a weight on her side and her hand pats over in that area realizing that Hatsu lies on her sleeping. Her hand finds his head and she pets his hair letting out slow breaths.

"Well I fucked that up huh" she murmurs wincing as the sound of her own voice sends sharp pains through her head.

"How so?" Midori asks as he opens the curtains allowing the sun to filter through and caress his bosses form.

"I almost lost control again" she admits "If you hadn't been there just moments longer and Yokohama would probably have been wiped off the map"

Midori looks over at her his eyes softening, "You need to take better care of yourself, Hotaru. I know you have been running yourself ragged trying to handle everything on your own but you know the consequences if you go in the red"

"You're right. God I know you are. I just can't seem to care enough at this moment"

"Well you should start caring. Your little brother lives here and so does your son. If you consume this city you consume them. You know when your energy levels get to that point it doesn't matter what it is that it destroys your ability will consume everything just as long as it gives energy" Midori's slightly scolding voice reminds her and she pauses her hand in its motions of caressing Hatsu's head.

She knew he was right. Hatsu and Atsushi would be at risk if she lost control again and as she thinks about that she realizes that the list of people she gave a shit about has grown. This now extended to Midori himself along with Kai, Rokuzo, Soseki and although she loathed to admit it Dazai and Chuuya both still had a hold of her.