||~𝔗𝔥𝔦𝔯𝔱𝔢𝔢𝔫~||

Hotaru stands in her room looking down at a box that sits upon the foot of her bed

Hotaru stands in her room looking down at a box that sits upon the foot of her bed. Gently lifting the lid she looks at contents a look akin to pain in her eyes. Sitting folded neatly in the box was a cream colored cashmere sweater.

It was arguably one of the most expensive pieces of clothing she owned even now.

What made it even more harder to touch was the fact that it was gifted to her from the very man she saw the day before as a parting gift when he left the mafia and in turn left her. It was true that when she strategically put herself in that cafe many years ago to start her master plan on using the boy she had not intended to truly connect with him.

But of course this was another one of her many failures in life.

She grew attached and the guilt that came along with it was immeasurable. The man she was seeing almost everyday at that lonely cafe was the very man that was the reason she lost Chuuya in the first place.

Where she could be doing everything they were doing with the short red haired boy there she was doing it with the one who unknowingly tore the two away from each other.

Sighing she closes the box steeling herself as she shoves back those old emotions from a time long since passed and puts it back in her closet. Walking downstairs she goes into the kitchen and grabs a glass from her cabinet pouring a generous amount of whisky into it.

A flash of gray catches her attention and her siamese cat jumps onto the table, the cat's green eyes staring at her.

"Hey Cho. It's been a while since you came back from your outings" Hotaru says and scratches her behind the ear. Her eyes slide to the side as she addresses the other presence that had appeared in her kitchen "Its also been a while since I've seen you as well"

"It has. I'm sorry for that, Hotaru" a tall man with a bowler hat says as he stares at the white haired woman.

Hotaru tosses back the contents of her glass and grabs the bottle, filling it up again "You want some?" she asks, gesturing the bottle towards the man.

"I suppose a drink wouldn't hurt" he hums and watches as she grabs another glass filling it up. Sliding it his way she sits down on the stool which he does as well.