you're alive and as vibrant as the sun.

Jesus is dead.
People in skins. There were so many...
W..we couldn't do anything. They were hunting us. Daryl will explain it all at the tunnel–.

It was like all time stood still as Rick listens into the walkie, how horrified and broken Aaron sounded on the other end of things, His eyes darting towards michonne in a mixture of horror and..a mixture of sadness.
What the hell exactly happened?
People in skins?

It's like she read his mind, horse galloping besides Rick, leaning over to whisper what could be a solid moment of comfort. For them both maybe.
" We can make it. We'll crossover the tunnel and see what the hell exactly happened. "
" we better hurry then. We keep em waiting any longer... all hells gonna break loose. "
" who's to say it already didn't do so? "

▪︎ ▪︎ ▪︎ ▪︎

There wasn't much more talking afterward. Nothing more needed to be said except for reassurance to Aaron that Michonne and him were on their way, keep everyone settled and calm until they showed up to look into things themselves.
It was still unreal that Jesus was gone. Really gone. Rosita was laid up in bed, hurt. And so was Eugene.

Good thing the pair was approaching an archer at the end of the tunnel now, horses skidding into a slow gallop, a trot, and stopped on the other end.
" is it true..? Daryl is he..– "

" sure is. Sick bastards came outta nowhere and jumped us..Rosita wasn't lyin' 'bout there being something out here. "  a disgusted scoff leaves daryl, ready to say more until the sound of growling walkers, snapping their jaws and dragging their feet caught his attention.

" shit– watch their hands. Hit them in the legs at a distance. "

Daryl raised his crossbow, eyeing down one potential " skin–wearer " as he pulls the trigger. The arrow flying into the leg of the guy. Who in fact, with a pained cry, was not infected, and soon was taken down by walkers almost instantly.

Rick followed in suit, watching Michonne go off to one side, pierce her Katana into the thigh of one masked stranger, letting them collapse with a shout of pain, quickly torn open by more snapping walkers.
N

ow it left them with two. Two very frightened people who stood still against the trio.

" capture them! Do not kill! " Michonne exclaims, charging first for the petite stranger on the left. Daryl and Rick going for the other figure.

" let's see what these sick sonova bitches look like. " daryl scowled, making sure he got the upper hand here.  Rick being the one in front to fend off the attacker. His eyes meeting with their's beyond the mask.

There was pure terror in those eyes, but Rick won't be fooled so easily. Not when these people put lives at stake and killed someone of their own.
" go help mich! I got this. " he nodded to Michonne's direction, who squabbled and pushed the skin into the wall, now being followed by daryl who joined in pinning them down.

It's all on Rick now as he knocks the knife from their hands, hearing an estranged cry fumble out of the strangers lips. By the sound of it, this was a woman. She sounded young.

What was she doing in a mess like this?

Well, Rick's about to find out for
himself.

He takes the opportunity to swipe the mask of the girls head, throwing it between the crevices of the tunnel, let it fall to its own despair before Rick took a good glance at the girl.
Shit..she looked really young.