Chapter 1: A Hellish Land

Author's Notes:

So this one...is basically a Blue Archive isekai to the Vietnam War. Specifically during the First Battle of Quang Tri, but there are also historical differences here. The 1st Marine Div. of the USMC will be in the battle to support ARVN forces, and our angels will be caught in this bloody battle in this war. For example here a US Marine battalion and a marine tank battalion will be reinforcing Camp Carroll to defend it. So this basically means that this will definitely be historically inaccurate as it's an alt-history scenario (ha! Take that history buffs!).

You may ask "b-but Rapid Intervention, why the fuck are you adding American marines and tanks in a predominantly Vietnamese vs Vietnamese battle?" well my friends, because if I'm going to add angels with 'magic' in the Battle, we might as well add the true angels, the marines, and because they bring more tanks and soldiers = much spicier battle, also who knows, maybe Quang Tri will hold? Plus can it really feel like a Vietnam war story if the Americans are absent outside of bombing shit from the air? And this is late war, where the situation was so bad for the US they are so demoralized their really running the fuck away, making it even more interesting how US soldiers would feel about their situation.

Also, because this is a crossover fic...yes you heard that right, the Vietnam War scenario in this fic is based on the game Modern Campaigns Quang Tri '72, specifically the US marines intervening in Quang Tri to assist the ARVN scenarios. And yes, I did in fact make a crossover fic with an ancient ass hex strategy game that practically no one knows and a gacha game. Go figure.

Oh and a warning, this fic will be pretty dark, significantly dark compared to Blue Archive, why you ask? Because it's Vietnam. Yeah I don't think I need to elaborate any further.

In any case, Welcome to the Rice Fields.

---

Prologue

"And when he gets to heaven to St. Peter he will tell: 'Another soldier reporting sir, I've served my time in hell."

The world of mortals is a fickle place. An unwelcome world to anyone born and raised in the safety of a near-perfect world.

A world where men and women die in gruesome ways. A world where violence truly leads to death and suffering.

Do you hear it? The artillery fire? The thunder of guns? The musical orchestra of rockets, the sounds of war machines fielded by men of war. The screams of the damned? Don't you smell it? The burning scent of gunpowder and napalm?

Welcome to Earth, welcome to Vietnam.

In the burning forests of Quang Tri, the 2nd Indochinese war continues. 2 sides are locked in a brutal and unending conflict. And young men and women are once again sent into the meat grinder.

Here there is no good.

Here there is no honor.

Here there is no innocence.

Here is nothing but organized chaos. Here is where men show their most primal instinct of violence. Here is where hundreds of thousands die.

Here there is only war, and war alone.

Welcome to the rice fields...welcome to Hell.