Invisible

A/N: Okay, this is a little taster of something I'm working on, it's kind of random, hope you enjoy it, it's different to what I usually write, there's no supernatural type thing involved so erm yeah, comment, message me. Criticism needed!

I've always wished I could be normal, you know being able to look at boys the way my friends did and think, you'd date them instantly. Granted, I could look at a boy and think they're incredibly good looking, but considering I was in love with my best friend for a few years, kinda messed up my love life.

Living in New York was fantastic and when my best friend and cousin came to live with us when her father was put into a psychiatric after her mom died of lung cancer. It was an awful battle and Darcie was there by her mom’s side throughout it all, eventually her dad had a nervous breakdown and never recovered, after this Darcie was given a choice to go into care or come and live with her aunt. We were coming back from getting pizza and mom and dad were arguing again they had been like this since aunt Lizzie died. Dad weren’t watching where he was going and we ended up crashing into the car in front of us.

After that, both Darce and I were shipped off to Chicago, Illnois to live with someone my mom knew in high school. Louisa had a toddler, Esme, she was a single mother. For the first few weeks, I didn’t go to school, I kept myself holed up in the really big attic room that Darcie shared with me and I hardly talked and only came out for food and to wash.

That was until Darcie finally couldn’t push off not being at school anymore. Things weren’t different and I didn’t bother making friends. That was until I met Matt and his brother in college.

Oh by the way, my name’s Ava and even though how cliché it is, this is mine and Darcie’s story.