Magic, a guide for the uninformed soul

T/W: minor cursing (hell), a text book.*

POV: Xisuma (y'all thought Xisuma pov wasn't coming back, didn't you. Well, here he is.)

My training with Prime Admin X is not what I expected, to say the least. First, he tested my and Evan to see what we could do. To my annoyance, and Evan's amusement, he is more powerful than me. "It's not fair!" I wine, but in a joking way. "Don't worry, X-i-zooma— i mean Xisuma. You can still level up with practice. Evan here, on the other hand has too want for his magic to do it on its own time." Admin X says. I find it rather suspicious that he mispronounced my name when he clearly knows how to pronounce it properly. The Primes are my idols, and as such I've done extensive research on the requirements. 

The Primes are required to know every Admin and player by name, and know how to pronounce it too. They are also required to call non-Admins and Amins below their rank by their last names. Luckily for me, they, for some reason, gave me a pass. 

This brings me back to the original topic of discussion with myself. Grian is the only one who pronounces my name like that. Sure, I'm also called Shwishwammy, (im guessing at the spelling. Also, i can't remember who calls Xisuma that. Pls tell me.) but only Grian calls me X-i-zooma. 

Then, a random thought pops into my head. 'The Author pronounces it 'Egs-ooma''.

"Who the hell is 'The Author?'" I mumble to  myself. Then i hear something.

"X...Oom..."

"I...Suma?"

"Xisuma?"

"Xisuma?!"

I'm snapped out of my thoughts by Admin X calling my name. "Yes sir?" I ask. "Please don't call me 'sir'" he says, sighing. I nod in acknowledgment of this wish. "Ok. But then what do I call you?" I ask. He thinks for a moment before deciding. "Pax. You can call me Pax. It stands for my title, Prime Admin X, but it's much easier for the author to type out." Once again I think 'who the hell is 'the author?'' 

###

After the testing, he takes us too the private library reserved for the Primes and some high-level Duas(silver). There, Pax has us bring him any books we deem possibly useful. Luckily for me, the library has always been my element. I quickly scrounge up a stack of books about different kinds of magic, the classifications and ranks, and generally the mechanics of this thing we call 'magic'.

Meanwhile, Evan had only three or four books. This time, I was the smug one.  

"Ok, Voids, I want you to read all the books you found cover to cover. Xisuma, give some of yours to your brother." The word 'brother' hits me all at once. I had started thinking of him as a brother, not an enemy. He had officially been classified as 'family' in my brain. 

###

As instructed, I read each book, cover to cover. The contents were something like this.

Book one

Magic, a guide for the uninformed soul

There are many more kinds of magic than the ones typically recognized by the average person, or even the high-ranking person. There are the main five, Admin, Watcher, Listener, Ather, And Nether. These are simply the most common, the most heard of. In reality, there are hundreds of kinds of magic, with thousands of sub categories. However, to simplify it down for all parties involved(including me), here is a list.

1. Admin

2. Watcher

3. Listener