Chapter 1- Cruel

March 20th 1905 Philadelphia

My deep blue eyes awakened with the bright lemon colored sunshine shining through the long curtains that Monica the maid had just put in. As just one breath came out daggers pointed at me. Then it came, the conclusions of last night. Father's death had not affected Mother nor did it affect Monica but it did affect me.

It was a long and painful death, and we did expected it. But the thing that hurt me the most, the thing that shoved me into incontrollable sobs was the ignorance.

-Julia! Hovered the voice all across the house.

Ugh, Monica fetch Julia for me please.

Yes Miss...

Suddenly, the door cracked open and I could see Monica with a descent smile. I never would have guessed it was her.

-Miss, you mother sent me to get you, it's almost time for tea.

Already? Isn't it morning?

Well, your mother told me to let you sleep in late, after last's night ordeal...

Then flash backs of last night filled my mind and a scorching pain flew through me. As if I'm waiting for this to happen... But the fear inside of me is that it already did.

I slipped the blankets off of me and waddled my way downstairs by not even looking at Monica.

-Julia My lord! You should have been dressed and been ready already.

Oh mother stop acting like nothing happened...You, you can't ignore it from my life or you will get a terrible Nosebleed!

How dare you say that! Your father left us nothing but a good name and debts to pay and don't act like you didn't see that coming. Well, sit down and drink your tea because today we will be looking for a fiancée!

What? My mind thought. How could this cold woman do this? Can't she see the wounds of my body that are not yet to heal? Can't she let go the thought that I don't care about the money right now?

All these thoughts collided in to my mind as I took a sip from my tea.

The warm scent of pines of the tea relieved Mother's anguish so I guessed she wanted one of her silent conversations with nothing on the tip of her tongue.

 ————————————————————————————————————————————

So what did you think? Should I keep writing this old fashioned story?

Please vote and comment

Dawsongurl8:-)