One shot

ChoiCale week Day 1
Soulmate Au | Confession | Star-crossed
"Fate is a weighty word to throw around breakfast"

---------------------

The water spear disappeared from his hands as his feet began to move on their own. His heart was racing at an abnormal speed as uneasiness engulfed his body. He chanted prayers in his mind as he rushed, hoping it wasn't true.

His feet soon came to a halt as he watched the beautiful raven-haired male smile brightly towards him, weakly calling out his name. His eyes watched how the raven's hands trembled, slowly placing them on his cheeks.

The rough hands softly caressed his cheeks, yet he didn't complain. The rough hands were proof of how hard the raven worked in order to survive.

"Cough cough cough," the raven kept coughing as he felt his whole body freeze. The red liquid dripped down the raven's mouth, showing no signs of stopping.

"Ca...Cale-nim..." The voice was weak, with each word the raven said took energy out of him. Yet he stood there frozen, unable to reply.

"Pl...please be ha...happy." The words were sincere. The hope and wish for his future were clear. Yet trembling, as his hand gripped the hem of the raven's cloak, trying to open his mouth.

The screams, the words he wanted to relay were stuck inside his throat making his chest ache slightly, causing him to let out a choked sob.

"I..." He watched how desperately the raven wished to tell him something. "I have always... Lo... loved you Cale-nim." His eyes trembled even more as he looked at the raven in his arms.

His hands moved towards his ears, trying to figure out if his ears were working. He couldn't believe the words that came out of the raven's mouth. The same words he had been dreading to hear for years.

His mouth opened up wide, trying to bring out words and yet, nothing came out. As if he were mimicking a goldfish, his mouth opened and closed as he tried to find the words to say.

A short weak chuckle was heard as the raven slowly pressed his forehead against the other. Their eyes interlocked with one another as the raven slowly smiled.

"I... I love you." Heat swept through his body as he listened to the confession. He watched the adoring eyes that the raven held for him.

Standing there frozen as he recalled the time he met the raven. The time when fate tied them together.

"Follow me, I'll feed you."

Wanting to scoff at the sentence he looked towards the raven. The line that made fate bind them together, yet hidden from one another, just because they thought it was one-sided.

Memories started to gush out of his reddish-brown eyes, slowly rolling down his cheeks. Their first meet, their first shenanigans, their first soul tattoo.

"Idiot." He mumbled as he pulled the raven closer. He had so much to say, so much to show yet all he could do was scream one word in a loop.

"Idiot! Idiot! Idiot!" He didn't utter any other words. Just a single word in repeat while continuing to hug the raven. He couldn't stop as if somebody pressed the loop button on him.

"I love you too, idiot," he spoke as the black cloak was the only thing he was left hugging.

Choked sobs filled the area.

Slowly as he watched the night sky turn darker, his brightest star was the last one to fade.

***

"Are you sure about this?" The handsome yet troublesome male in front of him asked, as he blankly stared at the other.