011. awkwardly sweet

CHAPTER 11 | AWKWARDLY SWEET

okkotsu couldn't find it in himself to rest

okkotsu couldn't find it in himself to rest. even though he had the week off of school and all the time to do whatever he wanted, there didn't seem to be anything.

today was the night parade of a hundred demons, which was a possible reason for his restlessness. someone else bothered by this was amaya.

something within her gut was saying that things weren't going to end well. she desperately tried to push down the persistent feeling, but it kept coming back.

she found okkotsu when she was going to take a walk to hopefully rid herself of the feeling. they began to roam the halls together instead of alone.

"hey, do you know where inumaki and panda are? i can't seem to find them," okkotsu asked amaya.

the brunette answered, "oh, they're out in shinjuku to deal with the cursed spirits. i thought i would be going, but gojo-sensei told me this morning that i'll be sticking around here. i quickly visited megumi earlier, though."

"but aren't you and inumaki the same grade? and what about panda?"

"well, i actually don't have much of a reason for me staying behind. inumaki's cursed speech is pretty special so i get why he's out there. as for panda, the principal is kind of his dad so..."

"wait, humans birth pandas...?"

amaya giggled at him, "not like that. there's more to panda. oh and look at that, our feet brought us here."

the pair stood outside of the classroom. amaya slid open the door and walked in, taking a quick glance at the five desks before her eyes went to the window.

"hey yuta, do you prefer sunrises or sunsets?" amaya randomly questioned.

he sat down on one of the chairs, "i never really thought about it. aren't they basically the same?"

"humor me," amaya smiled, "pretty please?"

okkotsu stared at her with parted lips before he replied, "u-um, sunrises. waking up to them are pretty nice, i guess."

"hm, well i personally like sunsets more. both sunrises and sunsets are pretty, but what comes after sunsets is the night sky. it's when all the stars come out. it's the only time you can stargaze."

"that's right, you like to stargaze."

"we should go sometime," amaya suggested. she sat on the desk in front of okkotsu. "that is, only if you want. i don't want to force you into anything"

the noirette only shook his head, "i like the idea. i'd love to go stargazing with you!"

and there it was again. a lot of the things okkotsu said and did didn't fail to make amaya's chest flutter. her heart would swell and her eyes soften without any attempt.