Prologue

Prologue

"Damn it..." Vanilla cursed softly then asked the driver to take her to Beck's house.

At Beck's front gate, Vanilla only needed to enter the security passcode without having to bother calling anyone to open the gate. Technology is now very sophisticated, everything can be accessed through a cellular phone. The girl also only had to enter the security code on the main door of the house where Beck lived and then took long strides towards the semicircular staircase in the middle of the room.

Arriving upstairs she went straight to Beck's room and pushed the door violently causing the two people who were struggling on the bed to stop their activity and separate themselves.

"So, this is how you welcome your fiancé who just returned?" Vanilla asked, leaning her shoulder again the doorpost. "Tell your bitch to go or I'll send the proof to Mama." She pointed his phone towards the bed where Sophie, Beck's lover, covered her with the blanket wrapped around her chest.

"Vanilla, keep your mouth shut!" Beck insisted. His eyes shone with Vanilla full of hatred.

"The choice is yours, Beck." Vanilla took some photos of Beck and Sophia. "I'll wait five minutes, get rid of that sweetheart of yours or this photo gets to Mama," he threatened as he showed Beck her phone screen, shook it, and turned to leave the room.

Damn you, Beck!

"I told you, we don't have any more relationship, Vanilla." Beck thinned his lips, he laughed cynically then he followed Vanilla in the kitchen.

Without turning to the source of the voice, the girl smiled sweetly. In contrast to the cynicism Beck showed him. "I'm your fiancé, Beck." She opened the refrigerator for food and took out a bottle of cold drink.

Beck narrowed his eyes. "Not since you left me, Vanilla."

Vanilla opened the bottle cap, enjoy the cold water running down her throat then closed the bottle again in her hand before she threw it in the trash.

"Unfortunately, I don't feel like we are over, our engagement is still going as our parents agreed," Vanilla said as she walked past Beck.

The girl grabbed her handbag which was lying on the pantry table and walked without looking at Beck. "Change all the contents of your room and don't try to bring the Soap into this house again because I'm, your fiancé has returned," he said in a nonchalant tone as if she had never seen Beck struggle with Sophie a few minutes ago.

She had just returned from New York after four years of studying and earning a bachelor's degree. Four years ago Beck was furious at Vanilla's decision because the girl preferred her studies, they were even involved in the cold war and had not communicated. Vanilla never made the effort to inquire about her fiancé, and neither did Beck. Both of them kept silent to defend their egos.

Beck is Vanilla's neighbor, her best friend, and her caretaker since she was a child. Beck always angry whenever Vanilla close with another boy at school but, Beck alternately dated countless girls. Until they finally decided to accept the arrangement by their family. Vanilla accepts while Beck does not. Exactly so.

Soap = Sophie

To be continue