Eight - Kiss & Tell

I'm driving to the address Charlotte texted to me. I feel butterflies in my stomach. My first real house party. With real friends. I hope everything is all I hoped it would be.

-

"Hey, you made it!" Charlotte said when she sees me in the kitchen mingling with Francine, the host of the party. She moved here from New York ten months ago and is really friendly.

"Of course I did." I tell her with a smile.

"I was just telling him about how much I love his eyes. I mean they are beautiful!" I am blushing hard, I've never been complimented by anyone that wasn't related to me.

"Yeah, I'm jealous. I have shit brown eyes." Charlotte says, Jace tells her he loves her shit brown eyes and kisses her sweetly on the lips. I smile at them, they are really good together.

"Well you go have fun and if you need anything you let me know, you're okay in my book, Douglas." Francine calls everybody by their last names. I don't know why but she does and I think it's cool. Charlotte and I walk around eyeing the marvelous house while Jace, Lilith, Jay, Liz and the others play beer pong.

"Charlotte, can I-can I ask you a question?"

"Sure,"

"How, did you know?" I ask shyly. She looks at me confused. "That I was..."

"Oh, well I have this superpower of knowing when someone is gay. It's my gaydar."

"Gaydar?"

"It's like a radar for scoping out gay people; gaydar."

"How do you get one?" I ask innocently. She laughs at my question.

"It's not, like, an actual radar machine thing, Tris. It's just intuition."

"But, you only knew me for a few days."

"Yeah, but I kinda knew right when I saw you. I'm not saying there's a certain way of knowing; before it was just a hunch, but after getting to know you, I knew." We walk back to the living room downstairs and see that Damon is present and playing beer pong with the others.

"Damon! Damon! Damon!" the crowd was cheering him on. Charlotte and I were watching in amusement. The crowd cheered when his ball fell in the cups. I don't know the rules to this game but it looks like he won. He sees me and smiles before walking over.

"Hey," he says.

"Hi," I am probably redder than Rudolph's nose.

"Well I'm gonna go make out with Jace or something." Charlotte awkwardly says upon seeing Damon and I staring at each other. Damon laughs but I am shaking in my boots, metaphorically speaking, because Damon looks very dashing tonight. Though I've had no alcohol, I feel buzzed. Maybe it's just because he's that good looking or maybe because I am that nervous to be around him.

"So what are you doing here?" he asks.

"Oh, um, Charlotte invited me."

"Cool, you got a curfew?'

"I have to be back by midnight." I tell him trying to act cool. He smiles.

"Cool,"

"Cool," I repeat, not knowing what to say.

"Do you wanna go upstairs?" he asks. My eyes go wide.

"G-go up-upstairs?" I am stuttering like a mad man and I am sure my cheeks are flushed. He smirks a panty-dropping smirk that makes my knees wobble.