𝒔𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒏. 𝖿𝗂𝗋𝗌𝗍 𝗇𝖺𝗆𝖾 𝖻𝖺𝗌𝗂𝗌

❛ ACT I ❜-ˋˏ chapter seven ˎˊ-

❛ ACT I ❜
-ˋˏ chapter seven ˎˊ-

SOFIA GILBERT'S mind was never at rest, or at least the girl never lets it

How did her quiet and normal life come crashing down? Her parents' death, her death, her new diet, the supernatural, being in constant danger - her brain can't take it sometimes.

Doing things she always did when she was human helps her mind wind down and remember what it was like to be alive. Some would call it depressing, thinking over what you could have had, but Sofia liked to remind herself of what she did have.

Walking at a human pace through a park near her house was one of the human things she used to do. The duck pond a few yards away from the girl glistened under the sun of the small town. Her blue daylight ring twinkled, gifting Sofia with the pleasure of the sun.

She remembers when she was ten, Elena was nine and Jeremy was seven, they would have a rock skipping contest and whoever won got to choose what desert they would have that night. Sofia always won and chose cake, letting her siblings pick the flavor. And then her and Jeremy would sneak an extra piece to her bedroom to eat while Elena slept.

She smiled at the memory, missing the time when she was human and their lives revoled around arts and craft school projects and play dates with friends.

Her ankle boots clicked against the paved pathway that swirled around the quiet park. Not many were there, just her and a few elderly people and dog walkers. She was wearing her favorite light blue short dress with red flowers because it was a warm day. Besides, she always wears jeans so it was nice to wear a pretty dress.

Sofia didn't realize how much she needed this break. She was constantly fussing over everyone's safety and problems and as much as Sofia loved to help, it got too much sometimes.