Facing a challenge

VIRION POV

Below the balcony I was standing on, a huge battle that would determine the future of Dicathen was happening.

Two female scythes were overwhelmingly winning against four lances, blurring with even the smallest movement.

Princess Kathyln walked next to me, watching over the battle to intercept any stray attacks with the power of her new, shiny white core. 

She softly spoke, "I hope Art makes it in time."

"Me too, child, me too."

Suddenly, Bairon failed to dodge a jab to the ribs by the scythe, tumbling on the grass floor with a big hole in his chest.

Princess Kathyln put on a determined face.

"I'm going to fight too."

She was about to jump down, when I stopped her.

"I'm sorry child, Arthur would kill me and then go on a rampage in Alacrya if you got yourself killed here." I said with a laugh, eliciting a laugh from the princess as well.

KATHYLN POV

With my mana enhanced eyes, I spotted a white dot in the distance, closing in with extreme speeds unreachable for anyone other then Arthur or an Asura.

"He's here." I said, my expression turning into a slight smirk.

The scythes suddenly threw a big crystal on the ground, and flew away at full speed.

It seems Virion noticed the immense amount of mana stored in it, shouting. "I-It's a bomb! Back away!", as he tried to grab my hand and run.

I stood in place, unmoving. It was futile, if that bomb exploded, the entire castle would go up in flames.

The bomb, however, disappeared, and there stood Arthur in its stead. The bomb proceeded to blow up 500 meters behind him, creating a huge crater.'

He looked at me with a piercing gaze.

"Where did they go?"

"C-could I go with you?" I asked hopingly

"No"

"Please, I don't wann-"

"No, it's too dangerous. now, Where. Did. They. Go."

I pointed, and he shot off towards the direction, but I went after him.

After a minute of flying, Sylvie stopped me.

"Please, let me go with-"

"I've managed to convince him to let you come with us, sit on my back." She said with a cheery voice.

We reached a large Alacryan cavern, landing next to Arthur who was standing beside a big portal.

"They've definitely already gone through the portal. I'll follow them, you stay here." 

"What, that's ridiculous! If you're going, we're coming with you, Arthur!" I said with a slight blush

"No, you'll both be in danger if you go."

He tried to step closer to the portal, but Sylvie blocked the portal with her body.

"Either you let us go with you or you don't go at all, there is no other choice. Stop trying to do everything alone!" said Sylvie in a fierce tone.

"It's too dangerous! I will just kill the scythes and come back. Easy as that." 

I stepped forward, and now stood only a few dozen centimeters away from arthur.