A call to battle

It moved! The particle, seemingly unmovable actually moved. It was only a slight vibration before snapping back into place, but it moved!

I was ecstatic, since this was the first step to defeating the Vritra.

2 more weeks later

I could now easily move a few particles at a time, creating a tiny glowing orb of aether. It didn't have much destructive power, but it was a perfect counter to regular magic, destroying it as if it was nothing.

Shaping them into something other than a sphere was at least for now a complete failure, my control over aether slipping at the slightest change of shape.

Sylvie has gotten much stronger from absorbing Cadell's mana, and started sparring with Kath and occasionally one of the lances. It didn't take long, however, before she started to regularly win in her fights against the lances.

Virion suddenly barged into the room, his expression grave.

"Arthur, Alacrya has begun an assault on one of the big camps near the beach!"

'Sylv, let's go.' I said to my bond as she turned into her fox form, hiding in my jacket.

"Alright, let's go."

I was about to leave with Virion, when I heard a quiet voice behind me.

"Wait, Take me with you please."

Looking Kath up and down, I could immediately see the difference between 4 weeks ago and now. 

"Alright, but Sylv will stay with you at all times. Let's go."

Walking through the portal, Virion pointed in the approximate direction of the attack.

Sylv hopped out of my jacket, transforming into her dragon form.

'You got bigger' I sent with a laugh

'Excuse me, I am a lady you know' Sylvie tried to sound serious, but started laughing half way through.

"I will be going forward, Sylv will carry you there, alright Kath?"

Kath nodded, saying

"See you there."

I shot off in the direction Virion pointed, soon hearing the sounds of battle reverberating throughout the land.

I soon spotted professor Glory fending off a battalion of mages by herself, so I rushed in, killing her adversaries in the process, to talk to her.

"Hello professor Glory."

Professor Glory had a stunned expression seeing her opponents cut into pieces.

"Damn it, Arthur. Don't scare me like that!" she sighed. "What are you doing here anyways? Virion didn't tell me we were getting reinforcements. And call me Vanesy."

"Well, it's only me, Sylv and Kath. Virion came into our training room to ask us for help, so we said 'Why not'".

"Well, it's damn reassuring to have you with us, but do you have any idea how an Alacryan force this size was able to get past us?"

I shook my head. "How about we leave a few alive to try and get the answer out of them?"

Vanesy's lips curved into a wicked smirk as she raised both her longswords. "Sounds like a plan."

Effortlessly cutting through many Alacryans allowed me to take out my rage a little, when all of a sudden I felt a decently strong presence, most likely a retainer, about 2km away.

"I think a retainer just arrived, I'll go deal with it." I said in a calm voice.

I watched its trajectory, triangulating the direction it came from. After I had a good idea of the direction, I flew right into its path.