The Birth Brothers

T/W: 

POV: Mumbo

I am awoken by a crack of thunder and bright flash of lightning, the hail pelleting down like mini muffins. No, seriously, I saw a pice of hail that looked like a muffin. Anyway, muffin hail aside, I lay awake, thinking. Something about OND yesterday, no, it's 3am, the day before yesterday, doesn't add up. Grian went home early, right? So why do I remember him stepping through a golden portal? I don't know, but I'm gonna find out.

I roll over in bed and fall back asleep.

###and POV change: Grian 

The story of the Birth Brothers 

"Once, there were five brothers. One, the eldest, was the brother of the End. The second eldest was the brother of the Nether. The third brother was that of the Overworld. The forth brother was the brother of the Ather. And the fifth and youngest brother was the brother of magic. He was the most powerful, but never bragged about it.

These five siblings lived in a giant house, with everything the could ever want. But they grew bored and lonely. They wanted more friends, people to play with. So the eldest brother, we will call him End for simplicity's sake, created the End, which he then named after himself. 

There there was the Enderdragon, and Endermen, and anything else the brothers desired. But there was a problem. The brother of the Nether, the second eldest, had trouble breathing in the cold thick air of the End, as did all the other brothers, except for the fifth, Magic, as we will call him. So Nether created the Nether, naming it after himself, and the four remaining brothers went to live there, with promises to return soon and visit. 

Again, there were people and animals to play with, the Pigmen were good for conversation and the Piglins were good if you needed some gold, or netherite. There were a verity of animals as well, from the peaceful striders to the semi-evil wither, and everything in between. But, again, there was a problem. The brother of the Overworld was always too hot, and kept getting burnt by the lava and fire that Nether loved so much. 

So again, the brothers separated. Overworld made himself a home, called, unsurprisingly, the Overworld. The brothers said there goodbyes, and Overworld, Ather, and Magic moved to the new dimension. 

In the Overworld, there were all sorts of animals. There were cats and dogs, pigs, goats, parrots, and Villagers. There were chickens, cows, horses and donkeys. There were also hostile creatures, like creepers and zombies to fight. There were the Pillagers, who attacked villages, and iron golems to protect them. But the air in the Overworld was too diverse. It was sometimes hot, sometimes cold, sometimes too dry or too wet, and the brothers enjoyed this. However, Ather kept getting sick because of all the different things in the air. 

So, the brothers split yet again, Ather making himself a dimension call the Ather, with the perfect air and wether. Magic went with Ather, and there, the two  brothers lived. However, they started to miss there siblings. So they invited them to the Ather. 

However, they had trouble breathing and living. So next they tried the Overworld, but only Overworld himself and Magic could breathe there. Then they went to the Nether, to no avail. 

In despair, the brothers went their separate ways. Magic visited his brothers often, as he was the only one who could breathe in all four dimensions. However, the others began to resent Magic. After all, he was more powerful, he could visit the others, he refused to make another dimension that all the brothers could breathe in. 

Of course, there was a reason why Magic refused to make another dimension. He had all the kinds of magic, and had the power to make one, yes. But the problem was that every time another dimension was made, the fabric that makes up the universe tore in half, so that there was a pice of fabric for each dimension. There were four pieces, at the moment. But the thing that the other brothers didn't know, was that there was a prophecy. 

Five brothers, rule, one for each dimension.

The fifth, is for the prevention,

Of the destruction of the universe, and all within,

For when the war begins,

All will be lost, none will be won, 

The weve of the world will be undone.

The brothers will die, the world off set.

And grow and grow will the threat. 

Until the brothers reborn, come home, To where it all began,

That house, and with the Hermit clan. 

A brother of heat, a sister of ice, 

A child of day, and one born twice. 

A kid of secrets, and a son of moon,

A seer of truth, and a knight of noon. 

An engineer of red, and a fighter of words,

A finder of facts, and a friend of nerds.

An angel of mischief, and a demon of sorts,

A person of ear, and a slime of contorts. 

A zombie of orange, and a chef of healing,

Two of Vex, and a fighter of feeling.

A ninja of stealth, and a magic immune,

A healing speed, and a shield platoon. 

Among this group, the brothers reborn, 

These 26 will save the Nether, Overworld, Ather, End and Magic born. 

So the fifth brother knew he couldn't do as his siblings asked, but he also couldn't make them understand why. So, the prophecy started to come true. The brothers fought, and ended up killing each other, even Magic, who was more powerful than his kin. 

The devil took over the Nether, the Enderdragon took over the End, the Angels took the Ather, the players got the Overworld, the Admins, Listeners, Watchers, and so many others got all the magic from Magic himself, and that house, where this mess all began still sits in some far, far away forgotten corner of the universe. They are called the Birth Brothers because they birthed the universe."

When i finish my story, everyone else is asleep, so i fallow their example, and catch some zZZZzzzZZZZzZZZzzZZZZZZzzzzzZZZzzzZzzzzZS. 

1006 words. 

Written 6/21/2022