Chapter 13- Caleb

VOTE

COMMENT

LOVE

ENJOY

No ROle Modelz

When three hefty black dudes as well as, one white and one Indian walked into the party, I knew whatever was about to happen wasn't good, I sat in the corner sipping my drink watching the party unfold. I hadn't been in the mood to party but the game was a win tonight and hoped the energy from the party would rub off on my sour mood. Tons of girls have made a pass at me tonight but I only wanted one girl.

 Then Ina came in after them and my heart stopped praying they were not looking for me, I mean I could hold my own down against maybe half of one of those dudes, I wasn't joking they were big. One of them walked into the living room which was the dance floor and asked the DJ to turn off the music as soon as he did the murmurs began.

"What the fuck? Who cut off the music?" Sam Hornet shouted but quickly stopped when he saw who he was up against. One of the guys the only one with braids jumped on the table.

"I'm only going to answer this question once."  Each of the guys was holding a baseball and the fear began to evade the room, some looked in my direction. "Which one of you is Levi Turner?" The murmur got louder. "I'm giving you 30 seconds to answer Me."  It hadn't even been 10 when Sam pointed towards Levi who had a girl on his lap; she quickly stood up running to the other side of the room. The guy jumped down and all of them marched towards Levi.

"Are you Levi?"

"Yes who is asking?"  He replied and the guy grabbed him from his seat slamming him into the wall. The room hissed.

"Mackendrick Mackendrick James." Ina's brother. "Give me your damn phone." Levi was shaking as he handed it over. Mackendrick scrolled through it with one hand and when he found what he was looking for, I'm guessing he deleted it and proceeded to smashing the phone to pieces.

 "Who the fuck do you think you are? Who gave you the right to threaten my sister, make a bet on my sister, make a video on my sister? Who gave you permission to physically put your dirty hands on my sister?" I looked towards Ina; a mixed guy had his arm around her. Levi hit her?

"What do you choose to gain from this bullshit? You have guts I'm telling you but I'm going to show you what happens when you mess with a James. You see there are two people you don't fuck with when it comes to me: one my family and two my sisters, as you can see my sister is also part of my family, so you are double fucked tonight."  Mackendrick backed up and I thought they were going to leave until he kicked Levi so hard in the crotch, I definitely think he broke something. Levi cried out and automatically dropped on his knees. The people in the room gasped and sucked my breath knowing how painful it was, three years ago March 17 2015, one kick and I was gone. The pain was still raw when I thought of it. Kendrick wasn't done and wasted no time in punching him in the jaw if Levi hadn't broken something before he had now. He signalled to a bald guy with a nod.

"Pick him up and let's go." I didn't know where they were taking him, and Levi was in too much pain to protest. The shock was plastered on people's face and some girls huddled together in fear.

They all left including Ina we made eye contact briefly but she looked away first and I felt so stupid. This was all Levi's doing. He had threatened her and I had a feeling the video was incriminating enough that Ina felt the need to break off out ship. I got it. I got it perfectly because whatever was on that video made Ina feel ashamed. I ran after them grabbing Ina's hand. Her brother turned to look at me.

"Why are you touching her?" he squared up to me, we were the same height so it wasn't so hard but Ina put a hand to his chest to stop him.

"I just want to talk to her please."  He looked at Ina and nodded. "Is that why you broke up with me?"

"No you broke up with me."

"You might as well have by saying we need to go on a break!" I sighed deeply. "I don't want to argue, I just want the truth."

"What's that going to do?"

"I've been moping, angry and hurt thinking you never liked me in the first place, and this truth gives me a bit of comfort that I wasn't the cause of the end of our relationship. You owe me that much."

"Same."  She mumbled.

"What?"

"I've been upset too but it doesn't change the fact-"

"What fact that we like each other. I know you Ina you are headstrong and independent and don't want anyone carrying your burden, but we are, I mean we were together, whatever issue he had with you, he had with me. You can't run away from them. So each time we had a problem you would have broke up with me and try to sort it out yourself. You should have told me." she sighed as I caressed her cheek then hooking my hand in her hair.

"You are right but I felt low and dirty and used. I saw the video and I couldn't breathe, I didn't feel worthy of being with you, I thought you would see me different. I wanted to tell you but I just couldn't that's why I couldn't touch you." I stepped closer giving her a hug. Someone coughed.

"I have to go."

"But we still need to talk."

"Alright." I turned back towards the party.

"Oi Caleb is it?" Ina's brother stepped out of the car

"Yes."

"Give her a couple of days; she will be fine once we sort him out. I can tell you like my sister but hurt her like that bitch in the backseat."  He pointed towards Levi who was sandwich between two guys, he looked so scared but I felt no pity towards him. "I will find you, believe that."

"Thanks?" I replied not sure what to say. I watched the van leave and felt Hannah touch my arm.

"I heard you and Ina broke up." she flirted. "So you wanna-"

"Get it straight we didn't break up, we are on a break; now get the fuck off me." I snatched myself, not even in the mood to party anymore; I got in my car and drove home.