Epheotus

After my conversation with Windsom, I hurriedly said goodbye to my parents, friends, and grandpa Virion.

I followed Windsom into the teleportation circle, waved goodbye to my parents and took off into an unknown land.

I was met with a beautiful landscape, and a towering castle.

"Welcome to Epheotus, the land of Asuras." said Windsom

at Kordri's training

"It's good to see you again, Kordri," Windsom suddenly greeted to no one in particular.

"It is nice seeing you as well, Elder Windsom. And you must be the human, Arthur Leywin, correct?" Just then, a figure that I could swear was not there before was suddenly right in front of us. It was the same shaven and lean asura that had sat down in front of me just now.

This man was by no means distinguishable or remarkable in any way. He reminded me much of a monk; someone who had chosen to let go of the worldly ways, except he wasn't dressed in a robe but a light, tight-fitting tunic. The only unique feature he had was his four hazel eyes, but even that fact seemed to be somehow plain. Every one of his four eyes exuded a calm wisdom that differed from Lord Indrath's silently terrifying gaze.

"Yes, nice to meet you," I replied after quickly regaining my composure.

"Arthur, this is my close friend, Kordri. He is of the Thyestes Clan of the Pantheon asura race just like Aldir, who you met back at the floating castle in Dicathen," Windsom introduced. He had taught me about the eight asura races and the affiliated Great Clans. The Pantheon race was the only race of asura that was versed in what I coined as neutral-type mana art.  

"Has Lord Indrath truly granted you the aether orb?" Kordri's even voice snapped me out of my train of thought as he looked anxiously at Windsom.

"Yes, it is right here." Windsom then took out a sphere shaped object the size of his palm, revealing it to Kordri.

"Lord Indrath is truly investing much into this human," he sighed, admiring the orb.

Windsom looked back to meet my eyes, giving me a "I told you so" gaze before turning back.

"Arthur, come and sit here with us. I'll explain to you how your training will begin." Kordri motioned for me with his hand as he sat down.

...

"So what exactly will we be doing for the first portion of the training?" I asked, almost timidly.

Windsom replied, his voice sounding almost devious. "You will be fighting against Kordri in a soul state, and you will be dying. Over and over again."  

...

"Trust in your body, Arthur!  As long as you are able, your body will be the only thing that will not fail you." 

Every second of his unending barrage, Kordri was slightly speeding up. 

Dodging one of Kordri's attacks, I had made a mistake, by leaning far too much to the left, I allowed Kordri to successfully land a jab to my right side. Piercing pain had forced my eyes open as I looked down to see Kordri's hand inside my ribs, unbloodied.

"Dammit." As the word left my tongue, the all too familiar sensation of being sucked out of the soul realm, once again, overwhelmed me.

As soon as I awoke back in the cave, my hands shot to my chest, prodding for a hole that wasn't there.

I fell to my back in the shallow pool. "How long this time, Windsom?"

"Three hours," he replied. 

"That is astonishing for a human, if I didn't see you I'd have thought you were an Asura. unless.."