The asuras

Author's note: sorry for making yall wait, but I hope this chapter is worth it. if you are confused by smth, dont worry. it will be explained in later chapters. thx for your amazing support, we recently reached 1k+ views.

VARAY POV

Bairon led Arthur Leywin into a large open grass field, specifically customized to allow lances to spar at their maximum capacity.

They stood on opposite ends of the arena, both waiting for Mica to start the match.

"Let the match begin!" Said Mica, using a voice amplifier artifact.

Bairon created a spear out of lightning, and clad his body in it. He then sprinted towards Arthur Leywin, who now had piercing lavender eyes, white hair ending in orange, and most importantly, some sort of runes running all around his arms.

I noticed Arthur Leywin cast an ice spell, a super thin but extremely dense armor made of pure ice enveloped his entire body. Interesting

When Bairon finally got close enough for melee combat, Arthur wasted no time. He blurred, even to my own eyes, as he bombarded Bairon with slashes.

Bairon was completely overwhelmed, not getting a single chance to attack.

As if it wasn't enough, Arthur Leywin infused his sword with the wind attribute, sending a sharp wind blade with each one of his slashes.

Bairon fired balls of pure electricity whenever he could, but they were easily blocked by Arthur Leywin.

As a last desperate measure, Bairon struck the ground with his lightning infused fist, sending bolts of lightning everywhere in a large radius. This gave him a little bit of breathing space, conjuring tens of orbs of pure lightning, and a dome field with a diameter of about 50 meters around both of them.

ARTHUR LEYWIN POV

Lance Bairon was much more impressive than I thought. He was faring very well against my relentless onslaught. 

I think it's time I had a little fun too

[Godspeed Impulse]

This was a much more powerful version of Thunderclap Impulse I devised when fighting against Uto. Using a combination of purple lightning and air magic, I created a vacuum around myself, stopping the air from impeding my movement.

 Of course, this field was temporary, but I could get around it by making a small air bubble around my head.

I shot into the sky, harmlessly passing through Bairon's lightning dome as my own lightning overpowered his with ease, raining meteorites created by attaching what was basically a much more powerful jet engine to a large boulder and strategically decreased and increased its gravity to achieve best acceleration. Multiple tornadoes ravaged the supposed Lance proof floor, tearing out chunks of dirt and rock and milling them to tiny pieces, achieving perfect blending capabilities.

As Bairon was desperately trying to fend off the seemingly endless meteorites and dodge multiple blenders, lance Varay stepped in.

She reminded me of Kathyln, rarely showing emotion on her face. "That's enough, I think we've basically all seen what you can do and that you are credible."

"Thank you for the fight, Lance Bairon." I said as I extended a hand.

Accepting the handshake, his next words shocked me. "Although I hate to throw away my pride, I don't think that even all the lances combined could stand a chance against you." 

As we were leaving, a woman, possibly a secretary came running down the corridor.

"The Xyrus academy is in trouble! Unknown attackers have breached the grounds!" She said, with obvious panic in her face.