010. declaration

CHAPTER 10 | DECLARATION

tsumiki always liked flowers

tsumiki always liked flowers. when they were little, tsumiki would always point out the little colorful flowers she'd seen to amaya. flowers that grew in the cracks of the sidewalk, the ones out in fields, and ones in vases.

the older twin always admired the little things in life. this trait was something amaya grew to have as well. while tsumiki found her interest in flowers, amaya found hers in the stars.

but when tsumiki was cursed into her coma, amaya was left with a lot more time than she usually had. she didn't text or call with tsumiki, nor did she come over to the apartment to hang out in person.

so she learned. amaya grabbed one of tsumiki's books on flowers and read the pages that had sticky notes in them. some of them were blank, but other sticky notes had small writings on them.

there were certain flowers tsumiki thought she should grow, some she personally wanted to grow, and others that she thought reminded her of others.

yellow roses began to stick with amaya after she read that those flowers reminded tsumiki of her. yellow roses could mean platonic love or platonic soulmates. it was sweet.

while amaya didn't know who her romantic soulmate exactly was, she knew that tsumiki was her familial one. they had each other since the start, and she wouldn't trade anything for it.

back to the point— inumaki saw the book open on amaya's desk one day. and while he was already planning on planting flowers, he decided to plant the white lilies and yellow roses with amaya. it was their thing.

but since it was basically winter and the time for planting was coming to a close, the flowers had to go somewhere. amaya thought to bring a bouquet to tsumiki's room.

so on her next visit, amaya brought the flowers to tsumiki's room. she cleaned the empty clear vase that stood by the window and placed the bouquet inside.

"hey," amaya softly spoke while walking up to her twin's hospital bed. she sat down on the small chair next to it. "i brought you yellow roses and white lilies. i know that if you saw them, you'd like them."

the brunette cringed at the silence that hung in the air. it's not like she was expecting a response because tsumiki couldn't exactly speak, but the lack of noise after her words was uncomfortable.

amaya continued to talk about what happened recently at the school. she wasn't sure if her rambles could be heard by tsumiki, but she continued anyway. because if the older twin was able to somehow hear what was going on around her, then amaya hoped that the one-sided conversations would make her feel less... alone? isolated? she didn't exactly know how to describe it.

"panda also totally embarrassed me two weeks ago. he asked yuta his preference in chest size and then said that me and him were a perfect match while hugging us together and hopping around."