Chapter 1

Chapter 1

I cradled her close to my body never wanting to ever let go. I smiled at our now wonderful life. We had beaten the impossible and begun to live our lives again. Victoria had fallen asleep in my arms after we ate lunch in our favorite meadow. It was in the middle of the huge pinewoods. She usually wasn't one to take naps but I didn't argue when she crawled into my arms. Her warmth rushed through me and her gentle breath tickled my skin. My life was almost complete, I had my love and a long happy life to live with her. I placed my head in her long blond hair and took in her wonderful smell of vanilla. Her small petite figure was tiny compared to my tall broad figure so she lay like a lap dog in my arms. I almost never wanted to let go of this moment because of the fear of something bad was to happen if I even moved from this spot. But now after what seemed like hours I began to worry about her sleeping that long so I shook her gently and she began to groan indicating that she was waking up. I shifted her in my arms so I could look at her beautiful face. Something didn't seem right when I first looked at her. She was so pale. It wasn't till I looked into her beautiful blue eyes that I saw the life slipping from them. I was in shock to see my angle dying right before my eyes and not be able to do anything about it. "Don't leave Victoria, my sweet Victoria." Only a little breath escaped her mouth. I held her closer but she kept on getting farther. I knew the fates would catch up to us and take one of our lives but I always imagined it would be me and much later from now, we had only just started living. "Don't leave me beautiful. Fight them we beat the fates once we can do it again love." Her face was blank and her life had long ago left her now cold body. "Oh Victoria you cant be gone!" I yelled at her lifeless figure lying in my arms. A wave of emotion crashed on me as I realized she was gone forever along with our future our children and grandchildren. We would never grow old together, never again would I sing her to sleep as she lay in the comfort of our bed. An angry howl of pain came roaring through my body. Unable to control myself I squeezed Victoria and cried and cried till the forest floor that we lay on was cold and the sun disappeared under the trees. When I had finally controlled my self enough to at least breath some what regularly I sat up and began to asses my situation. What was I going to tell he parents, they only lived fifteen minutes away from here in a small village. What was I to do with my life without her? That was when I realized that I couldn't live without her nothing would ever be the same. Grief would consume me and make me an evil person. But before I could join my life in the life that she was now in I had to tell her parents what had become of their daughter. I had to tell them that their only daughter died and it was mostly my fault. i was the one who had angered the fates no matter how many times Victoria said it had been her who angered them I always knew it was my fault and someday it would be my fault that one of us had to die. Anger tried to consume me but I pushed it away knowing that I had to tell Victoria's parents what had happened. I pushed my self up on one knee and picked up my lifeless Victoria holding her close to my heart. I gently kissed her cold lips and whispered "I am so sorry Victoria. My sweet Victoria. My only true love. I will come to see you soon."