Summer Day

"I still remember that feeling, the feeling I felt on a bright summer day."

Adam was a young cheerful man. He doesn't really have much in his life. He was happy by the fact of being a professional driver and being a part of the Agency. He gets really good pay every month. Around seventy to eighty thousand. He was living alone in Mumbai. The only family he had was his mother but when he was seventeen his mother died due to her tumor. At first he was really worried about himself but her mother saved a huge amount of money for him before dying. He was not a bright student in college, he was just another average student. His friend once asked him to start a business together and since then they both have been working together. They run a traveling agency. It's been eight years since they started the agency. First they combined their money to buy a car and most of the driving was done by Adam. After a few years their business grew and now they have fifteen drivers working under them and some fancy cars. Even after all these years Adam still really liked to drive so he sometimes takes on the job for himself. He was earning money by the agency, not by driving the cars. Fifteen April, a bright summer day, Adam was alone at the office. He was reading a book, when a phone call distracted him.

"Yes, Happy Journey Travels! How can I help you?"

"Ah, I want to hire a driver to reach Mumbai. Is there anyone to pick me up from Goa?"

It's a girl. It's rare for phone calls like this! 

"Yes, Mam, when do you want us to pick you up?"

"Tomorrow morning around 11 a.m? Is that alright?"

"Yes, can you tell me the exact address from where to pick you up and the address of your destination?

She took a pause. Maybe she is thinking about the address. 

"Yes, write it down. Hotel Grand Talisman, Aguada - Siolim, Arpora, Calangute, Goa, 403516. And I want you to drop me At Paradise Apartments, Hirnahandani."

"What about your contact number?" I asked, " And what about the number of passengers?"

"Only one person I alone will be travelling and here's my contact number '873 445 7721' "

"Okay then" I said, "It'll be an eleven hour trip. What about your luggage?"

"I'll only have a small bag, nothing much. I want you to send the driver on time. I have some work the next day."

"I'll be your personal driver. There are no drivers available for now who are going to drive such a long trip."

"I see, okay then. Thanks I'll meet you tomorrow"

"We are welcome to be at your service. Your fare will be" I took a pause and started to calculate the amount. "Your total amount of fare will be eleven thousand rupees."

"Hmm, I'll give you it in cash after the journey."

"As you like Mam, have a nice day"

"Once again thank you"

She hung up the call

It's been a long time since I have been on such a long trip. I should get going. It'll take eleven hour for me to reach there too. It's still ten a.m. I'll reach there by 9 p.m. I informed Dixit that I am going to go to pick a passenger. I packed a small bag and left around half past ten. I reached there just like I thought around half past nine. I booked a room in a cheap hotel. I was in the lobby when the hotel manager asked me if I want to have a prostitute send over to the room. I immediately denied but now that I think about it it's been a long time since I had sex with someone. 

The last time I had was with my ex-girlfriend during my college years. I really loved her at that time but she left me because she was not able to keep up with our relationship. It still hurts when I think about it. Since then I didn't looked out for any other women and nor do I feel to have sex with someone. The room was small with a small window near the bed and a small T.V I was tired because of the driving so after a bath I just wanted to sleep. I was too tired to go out and have a meal. I slept with an empty stomach around eleven.