Chpt. 1: I Miss You

-Present-

I feel drowsy when the sound of rain hits the window near my bedside. Irritated skin reminds me of tears that fell not long ago. It's nearly three in the morning and the consistent banging on the door makes the pounding in my head even less bareable, yet it continues.

"I'm coming. Give it a rest. Jesus," I complain under my breathe.

Yawning in sync with the brush of my fingers through my hair, I race down the stairs in competition to get there before the next repetitive banging of my door. I get there two bangs late.

"Calum?" I ask pulling the sleeves of my sweater to cover past my knuckles and crossed my arms," What.. What are you doing here?"

Out of all the people I expected to answer the door, for some reason, he didn't even come up on the list. Even the possibility I ordered pizza and passed out was on it, maybe on the bottom, but hey, I was sort of in limbo state of feelings.

My hair is an unappealing messy bun, likely to have some lays or some sort of coping snack stuck in it, some over sized sweats, with a few lunchable pizza sauce stains all over it, or is that hot pockets?

What can I say? I live a lavish life style.

"Why are you here, Cal?"

His back was hunched over, hands pushed to the very brim of his pockets, surely suffocating the little pieces of lint at the bottom corners, he looked terribly cold.

"I..I.." he stuttered paying no mind to the constant drizzle of rain pouring down his face," I needed to make sure you were okay..."

A deep breath surged into my lungs as I stared in to his eyes looking for something in them I wasn't sure of.

"Come in, it's freezing.." I back out of the way so his soaking body can trudge through the door way. He gives me a soft smile, but I sensed a hint of pity in his eyes, wether it was for me or for himself, it was there.

He stood in the middle of the living room as a awkward silence began to surface,"Oh! Uh, let me get you some clothes!"

"You really think your clothes will fit me?" He chuckled.

"Well, Luke.. Still has some of his stuff here since.." I avoid his gaze and return to my cross armed posture," I'll just go get them.."

"Y/N..." He called out, worried, as I headed up the stairs.

"Calum" I frowned and he knew. It wasn't the time, no matter how long we had known each other, it was too soon, especially after he just shows up out of nowhere.

"Here." I handed him a plain black shirt with a pocket on the left side of the chest, and sweats Luke only wore inside.

"Thanks."

He leaves me in the silence of my familiarly empty living room. I unlocked my phone and rake through my bangs, laying them behind my ear. I start to noticed my emotionless expression and realized then and there how terrible I looked.

"Dear God. I seriously need to do something with this face." I press the dark circle under my left eye, pulling the skin down gently with my pointer finger, and groan.

"I think you always look beautiful."

I laughed and re-did my bun," You were never a good liar Calbear."

"You should know me well enough to know I'm not lying.." He sat down next to me and glared deeply into my eyes with sympathy as if he knew I was holding back a river of emotions for his sake.

"Why are you here Calum..." I asked dreading all the possible answers swimming around in my mind.

He shakes his head and shrugs as if he himself didn't even know, but managed to say," I miss you y/n."

_______ _______ _______

Author's Note:

Heyyo duckies! I'm so sorry that I've made you wait so so long. School is almost over! I wanted to give you a little bit sneak peak to the story beginning to show that I AM in fact working on the new one.
I'm trying extra hard to make this a great story for you guys and I hope you enjoy it!

Love ya!