Volume 1 - II

<< chapter 2 >>

~Hiya's Illusion~

"Pretty face does not equal pretty heart"

§|§|§|§|§

Hiya stepped out of the Gauri Temple and was shocked to see the crowd on the roads. It was looking like not the Yuvraj, but the Prime Minister himself was coming back after decades.

By seeing Yuvraj's name crafted on the shawl, Hiya understood it was given by the people as a token of respect. She thought of returning the gift immediately.

With new aspiration, she dared to enter the death crowd. People were dancing on the beats with their hands raised in the air. After walking few steps which felt like climbing Everest, she could spot out the Yuvraj.

For a second, it felt like Hiya wasn't breathing. She gazed at the young prince, wondering how someone could be so captivating.

His expressive eyes, his thick black hair, his well-built body, with broad shoulders. His strong arms and his impressive height. Not to forget, his charming and dreamy smile.

After studying the features of the 17 year old, Hiya recovered from her illusion, highly embarrassed. She moved ahead, to return the piece of cloth to the Yuvraj and get out of the crowd as soon as she could.

Amidst the crowd, someone stamped on her feet. Due to the pain, Hiya decided to move out of the crowd and sit somewhere.

Just as she moved out of the crowd, she saw her brother at a distance, approaching her.

"Dii, come fast, we need to leave now. I don't know anything. So please dont ask any questions and come with me." As per Veer's tone, Hiya knew something was off.

She had no option except to leave.

"Let's go." she replied in wary defeat, holding the cloth close to her heart.

****

After meeting almost everyone in the crowd, Ishan made his way to his palace along with Satyajay, Sunil and his elder brother Vikram.

The first person he saw, was his mother, with proud eyes, standing near the entrance with a Pooja Thali in her hand.

Ishan couldn't help the grin making its way on his face and rushed to his mother.

Ishan touched his mother's feet and the Queen blessed him.

"Ayushman Bhava!" 

Ishan stood up and let the other prince's do the same thing.

Jyotsana did everyone's aarti.

"I'm proud of you, my son!" Said Jaisingh Arora.

Ishan took blessings from his father.

"Maasa, where is Bua Maa?" Ishan asked with curious eyes.

"I'm here!" Satyawati said approaching the cluster.

"Bua Maa! I thought you forgot about me." Ishan complained like a  three-year old.

"Rao, can I ever forget you? You are my child afterall!" Satyawati said with immense sweetness.

Ishan grinned and bent down to touch Satyawati's feet.

"God Bless You with success."

Ishan stood up and said "I can smell something! Maasa, you've made my favourite curry! Bua Maa, you've made Ghevar(A sweet dish from Rajasthan) isn't it?"

Satyawati chuckled and said facing Jyotsana "Bhabhi, I told you right? Ishan would immediately identify his favorite dishes!"

She then turned towards Ishan.

"Come Rao, today after weeks, I'll feed you myself!"

The whole family entered the palace, leaving sounds of laughter behind.

****

"What? Are you serious Baba?!" Hiya asked, totally confused.

Pandattva and Madri smiled, looking at each other.

"Maa, Baba, please tell. Is this really true?" Asked an ecstatic Veer.

"Yes yes yes, we are going to the Arora Palace. There is a huge gathering arranged for the victory of the Yuvraj" confirmed Madri, looking at both of her children.

Hiya wasn't able to stop the short glimpse of the prince coming in front of her eyes.

That smile, those eyes, that love being showered on him and how attentively he listened to everyone. No barrier of caste, race, class.

Unknowingly, a heart-warming smile spread through her magnificent face. And she was oblivious as to what was happening with her.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

IMP TERMS
Bua - Aunt
Ayushman Bhava- Have a long life
Bhabhi - Sister-in-law
Yuvraj- Prince
Baba- Father