PHASE 1: The Arrival

'I was once a devout believer in the existence of all gods, kneeling before them in search of salvation.'

The sea, a perpetual source of fascination for humanity, has a magnetic pull that draws voyages back to its shores time and time again. Its enchanting allure, capable of diverting anyone's attention from the thrill of travel, often leads explorers into a monotonous existence. Yet, the insatiable desire for adventure and an unquenchable thirst for the unknown drive voyagers to explore uncharted territories with unwavering courage. A symphony of untamed power that reverberates through the boundless depths of the ocean.

I was a keeper of death, an escort of convenience, but the vast sea and monotonous existence often drowned out my voice.

However, I didn't mind it one bit.

Amidst noble quests, I often desperately sought solace in the captivating solitude, a refuge from the world's chaos. Each ripple in the vast expanse was a testament to my unyielding spirit and unwavering determination to push the limits of human possibility, leaving a trail of awe and inspiration in their wake. My relentless pursuit to prove my worth and find acceptance in a world that often shuns life's vast differences is what drives me forward.

The unending march of men, driven by their insatiable greed to conquer the world, never marred the face of the earth, unlike the humility of the damp forest, which rises in power like a titan, leaving behind a trail of disorder and ambition. Despite grappling with pressing matters, I long to escape the constrictions of society and begin my journey.

Following a strenuous and demanding voyage, the story of ancestry doesn't just seek solace; it yearns for it, craving refuge in the warm embrace of their abode, a place steeped in memories and history.

I don't.

Embracing the disquieting essence of life, I meticulously relinquished the provisions that tether me to the periphery of existence, diving headfirst into the raw beauty of uncertainty in a mesmerizing village—a village surrounded by the tranquil waters of a picturesque sea. From the architecture to its customs and traditions, every town has a distinct character that sets it apart from others where urban meets nature in perfect harmony.

I never stayed in one place for a long time, a fear of stagnation.

Never stay behind to commemorate the ancient wonders of humanity, unlike the rest of the population. Thankfully enough, the sound of waves crashing in drowned out the thrill of it all, pushing me to leave just as quickly.

I wasn't here to dwell in happiness.

I wasn't entitled to yearn for something I never retained.

Sometimes, disappearing is the ultimate luxury, where you can leave it all behind and start anew. But dreams merely exist to deceive the living. In my case, they were a gateway to the supernatural, a realm I had to helm in a covert incantation.

I only wish to solemnly steer the bustling cityscape and barter the treasures I gathered from the edges of existence before returning to where I belong.

Scavenging ruins can be fascinating, but the allure of the past fades away eventually. Overwhelmed by the weight of nostalgia can be problematic, unlike the heart of the forest. Where everything is the same as before, nothing ever changes. The same way civilians diverge from my path, like the Red Sea as I pass along—embracing the solitude and finding a rhythm amidst the chaos of life.

No one was foolish enough to coerce their ruthless ambition in the open, even if the urge was more substantial than their hunger.

The indication wasn't due to fear or hatred but relatively for what I am.