𝗠𝗶𝗻𝗱 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗦𝗼𝘂𝗹

Chapter Thirty-Two

"You're the worst..."

"Suck it up, brat, it's over."

Y/n sat on her bed in the hospital, trembling and fighting back tears as she stared at the spot where she'd received those wretched shots.

Tatsuya stood nearby with a scowl, a bag of groceries tucked under one arm as he observed the younger Oni.

He'd been the one to catch her and drag her back to the hospital so she could have her shots. The nurses thanked him before leaving the room while y/n tried not to cry any more than she already was.

"Why'd you have to go and mess up my grand escape like that, huh?" y/n demanded, tears in her eyes.

Tatsuya rolled his eyes, "If you're afraid of needles, just admit it. There's nothing wrong with—"

"I'M NOT SCARED!"

The blue oni raised his brows as y/n sat there, gripping onto her knees as she glared at the floor.

She turned her teary eyed gaze to Tatsuya.

"I'm not scared of anything! Nothing at all!"

'This kid...' Tatsuya thought wearily, "So you are scared of needles, huh? Where does that come from?"

"I'm not scared of needles!" y/n insisted, "I just dislike being aggressively poked with sharp things!"

"But you're not being aggressively poked, you're being slowly poked." Tatsuya pointed out.

"Same thing, it hurts either way!" y/n snapped.

Tatsuya regarded the furious Genin for a moment before rolling his eyes, "Whatever, listen up. Your friend is learning a new Jutsu while he's gone, isn't he?"

"Yeah, what about it?" y/n challenged.

"I'll teach you something as well. Something I learned when I was your age." Tatsuya decided, "It's one of my own clan's hidden techniques."

Y/n was immediately bursting with energy, her eyes lighting up with fiery excitement, "Really? You will?"

"It's a Gentjutsu, something I believe you have yet to learn how to cast." Tatsuya explained, "You Crimson Oni may specialize in understanding the soul, as well as the thoughts and feelings of others. But we Blue Oni really know how to mess with someone's mind."

Y/n was shaking with anticipation now, practically shaking like a malfunctioning machine, "Y-Y-YES!!! TEACH ME! T-TEACH ME! I WANNA KNOW!!!"

Tatsuya tilted his head to the side a bit, smirking, "Oh? I believe you're forgetting the magic word."

"Please! Pretty please?"

"Hm, I'm surprised. Anyways, how much do you know about your clan's techniques? They'll play a huge part in your ability to cast this Genjutsu effectively."

"Uhh, a decent amount."

"That'll suffice."

Something to do. That was all y/n needed.