Ursula is a Merman? I'll Sign Your Contract!

Oneshot Story: Ursula is a Merman? I'll Sign Your Contract!

Have you ever heard of 'Poor unfortunate souls'?

How about the villain 'Ursula' from 'The Little Mermaid'?

What if you become one of the 'Poor Unfortunate Souls' because you signed a contract with 'Ursula' and the plot twist is you're not the 'Little Mermaid'?

What if Ursula is actually a Merman Evil Prince?

My name is Azalea, a former human who signed a suspicious contract with Ursula, the Ocean's Evil sorcerer. 

You thought Atlantis and Mermaids are not real? 

You might be wrong.

I was tricked into signing a contract with the Ocean Sorceror for the thought that I'll be rich and be able to pay my debts, but who would've thought that this guy was actually 'Ursula' and signing a contract with him is the dumbest decision that I've ever done?

In the end, I wasn't able to satisfy the price of our contract.

As a result, I, Azalea, who was a former human, became a mermaid who serves the Evil Prince of Atlantis.

Well, I guess I'm still lucky because Ursula didn't turn me into seaweed like his other contractor.

"Master, how about eating human foods for tonight? Seaweeds are too bland and distasteful to be eaten by your excellence," I politely suggested to Ursula, my master. "Please allow me to get the food that was suitable for you."

A Merman who was sitting on a stone at the seafloor glanced at me. He was reading an ancient book that we found on Titanica when we went to North Atlantis Ocean.

His deep oceanic orbs were staring at me intently.

The man let out a smirk before closing the book in his hands. 

"How about I turn you into a seaweed?" He asked before placing the ancient book on the stone that was shaped like a table beside him. "I will only allow you to go to the Human World as a seaweed."

I secretly shrieked when I heard it from him. 

I've been staying with this fish-- I mean Merman for 50 years, and because of his dark magic, I have never aged a bit.

And after staying with my master Ursula for 50 years, I have proved that this person is very hard to read. 

When he tells you a joke, you won't even know if it's a joke. Sometimes you'll just want to silence his mouth with clams.

"Haha, Master, I've changed my mind. Seaweeds are also good to eat," I told him with a smile on my face. "Oh, I think oysters and clams are good too, those food are very suitable to eat with my Master Ursula."

"No, you'll just get the pearls from those things," Ursula told before brushing his silky hair with his fingers.  "You already had troves of golds and shiny stones that was only disorderly organized in my own cave, those are only nuisance."

I grunted when I heard that from him.

It's so sad that this fish-- I mean Merman doesn't know the value of these treasures when he enjoys their luxury when we went to the land.

Nope, I'm not greedy, I just already know the pain of being penniless that's why I collect valuable treasures in case of emergency.

My master and I love to travel and we often go to land, that's why I collect these things for him.

I'm his servant after all.

"Master, don't make it sound like I am greedy, I am only collecting the 'nuisance' that we call 'treasures' for our expenses whenever we went to the land," I told him with a smile. "In short, these golds are actually for my Master's sake."