Prologue

Empires rise and fall,but myths and legends are eternal. However as years turn into centuries these stories become exaggerated and changed from storytellers and bards, half truths and even parodies of themselves.

To put it simply: Lies.

Yet one story of the ages remains untouched by time. An epic about queen who protects her kingdom, a broken prince who soughts to be redeemed, a ranger banished from death and in doing so, made a new life. And a malevolent evil ravaging the land.

And where does a story such as this begin? In the northern kingdom of Arendelle, home of the queen Elsa and her younger sister, Anna.

Bells rang and chimed all across the kingdom, there was a celebration that was about to commence. The child of Anna and her husband, Kristoff had been recently born.  It was a monumentos occasion.

At the gates of the castle Elsa greeted her own guests with warmth and compassion.

Out of the corner of her eye, Elsa noticed her sister with a checklist crossing names out. 

"Let's see the Valmese family is here." Anna muttered "Altea's very own King and Queen are here and I swore I saw the queen of House Lannister."

Elsa laughed and took the checklist from her sister.

"Hey!" her sister exclaimed "give it back!"

"Anna,for the gods sake relax." she said, swiping the list from her "I mean, you gave birth a week and a half ago? It's incredible you're on your feet!"

"We need to make our kingdom look good, Elsa!" Anna replied "this is a big occasion!" Elsa has never seen her sister more worried before. She was the more carefree of the two. A trait that got her in trouble many times.

"You can leave the politics to me, Anna." Elsa said Be with your husband,be with your child. Me, Olaf, and everyone else will take care of this."
Anna finally admitted defeat. She smiled and hugged her sister.

"Thanks, Elsa." Anna said and left.

But a high pitched scream stopped Anna dead in her tracks. It was so loud and high pitched that the sisters and guests had to cover their ears.

"By the gods what was that???" Anna said. Both of them looked over to see a prince and princess. The princess wore a beautiful yellow and white dress. She had short brown hair,almost as if it was cut by a dagger and hazel eyes. Her accomplice had a white suit with a red shirt underneath. He had brown, neat hair and a beard to match.

The princess dashed and lunged at Anna,making her yelp. Elsa was ready to fire a ray of frost but to her surprise the Princess was hugging Anna.

"It's so great to finally meet you both!" she yelled.

Elsa looked dumbfounded. Did they know her? Anna smiled awkwardly

"This is nice." she wheezed "but you're killing me!" The princess let go and Anna dropped to the ground gasping for air.

"Oh, sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you." Elsa raised her eyebrow.

"Who are you,exactly?" Elsa asked the princess.

"Oh sorry. I'm Rapunzel. Your cousin." Elsa's eyes widened.

"Rapunzel? As in Rapunzel of Corella?" she asked. The Princess nodded and Elsa made the connection. A couple years before she was born Elsa's aunt, Queen Arianna, had a baby. However the child vanished an only days after she was born.

"But I thought you were dead." Elsa replied.

"It's a long story I'll tell you guys later."

She stared at Rapunzel. Her gleeful, genuine smile confirmed it for the queen. Elsa smiled and embraced her, finally reunited after two decades. The prince walked over rubbing his ear