1

It was the beginning of a new school term. The students were all piling into the school before the first bell rang. Chatter and laughter filled the atmosphere as everyone was busy telling each other how their two week vacation was spent.

However, an annoyed Samantha easily blended into the crowd. She was still very heated over last night's events and was not too pleased to be at school.

Ignoring the first bell, she headed straight to the bathroom. Thankfully it was empty as she began inspecting her appearance in the mirror.

The bruise on her neck was now a bluish colour. Sighing, she brushed her hair using her fingers in an attempt to conceal it. Not that it mattered anyways. No one really paid her any attention.

After wondering whether or not to head to class, she decided to attend. It was the first day after all.

Quickly making her way to her classroom, she knew that her teacher was late. The voices of her classmates rang through the hall. Their unnecessary loud chatter caused her to suck her teeth as she entered.

She made her way to the back of the class and sat down, already dreading the long day ahead of her.

It was the fourth period of the day and it had began to rain. The excitement for the new term had died down as teachers were assigning homework and projects. That was to be expected as they always expect the students to have studied during their break.

"We have a new student with us this term," Ms Adams called out. She was followed by a tall boy. He was pale skinned and had short curly browned hair. His facial expression said that he did not want to be there right now.

Samantha quickly scanned him before looking out the window. The heavy rainfall had died down into a light drizzle.

"My name is Liam" was as far as he got before Samantha tuned him out.

She was already planning out her weekly schedule. With all the homework she was receiving, she would barely have any time for her to engage in her hobby.

Since she was going to be leaving school soon, she had to leave a new high score for her sister to try to defeat. After all, that was family tradition.