𝗢𝗻𝗶 𝗱𝗼𝗻'𝘁 𝗰𝗿𝘆

Chapter Twenty-Seven

"Woah."

That was all y/n could say as she stared up at the sky, watching Naruto and Gaara fall to the ground. Would they be able to save themselves?

She was unsure of exactly what had happened.

One minute she was bickering with the giant tanuki, the next she nearly had her arm dislocated when Sasuke grabbed her hand as she was falling.

Sure, it hurt, but she would have fallen to her death if he hadn't grabbed her. Landing in your head isn't a nice way to die, especially if you've got horns.

So y/n had something to thank the emo boy for.

She immediately ran to go help when she spotted the giant tanuki and the giant toad in the distance along with Naruto's chakra.

Y/n had run over to go help, despite having just regained consciousness, and only made it when the two boys were falling from the sky after Naruto sucker punched Gaara.

The big battle was over but there was a lil problem.

The forest floor wasn't exactly... soft.

The closer they got to the ground, the clearer the answer became to the young crimson oni.

"...nah, they're gonna die."

She did a couple of squats as Naruto and Gaara got closer and closer to the ground, their impending doom only approaching as the oni did some quick aerobic stretches.

"Right then!" y/n exclaimed when she finished and nipped her thumb to draw some blood, "Boar, dog, bird, monkey, ram!"

She completed the hand signs and slammed a hand against the ground, smoke appearing as Ushi was summoned for the second time that day.

He was worn out after fighting alongside the bossy Tatsuya, and was even more exhausted with how many powerful opponents he'd taken on in one day.

Ushi wasn't exactly an expert when it came to taking down giant snakes but he made it work with Tatsuya and Granny's help.

"Sorry, last request!" y/n said quickly when Ushi gave her an irritated look, in the middle of chewing on some very lush looking grass, "Catch Naruto for me, okay?"

Ushi rolled his eyes at y/n but nodded as the oni lifted him and quite literally chucked him in Naruto's direction, the bull spiraling through the air towards the falling blond boy.

Y/n turned her attention Gaara, observing her surroundings carefully before crouching and making a huge leap into the air which cracked the ground beneath her.

"Oh- Oop- wait-" y/n wobbled in the air but maintained her balance as she soared through the air towards Gaara and caught him, "Gotcha!"

It took a moment for y/n to realize that the two of them were still in the air and she hadn't planned out a way to land safely for the two of them.

Y/n deadpanned, "Ah, darn it!"

Back to the earth the two of them went, y/n hitting the ground like a rock but keeping a hold on Gaara so he wouldn't get hurt in the fall.

Dust and earth was kicked up from the violent descent and Gaara, in his somewhat dazed state, moved his gaze to the crimson oni's face.

That look. That determined expression.
It was still there. That slight grin, the focused look in her eyes, her brows furrowed in concentration.

She maintained that expression even when Gaara had lashed out at her just minutes before.

'You're not getting rid of me so easily.'