Chapter 1 - DEAD ZONE

Respect for mother earth has been tainted for many years. Many did not care to treat the world for what it was, alive, beautiful, flourishing, THEIR HOME.

People littered, caused pollution, they did whatever they wanted, all for what? To kill off animals? To destroy their only home? Well, now here it was, dying. Mother earth nearing her end and ways to fix her, seemingly impossible.

What is worse is that people knew better than this, better than neglecting their planet to allow her to get to this point.

Some parts of earth grew inhabitable, these locations were called 'Dead Zones' - Gas masks were a necessity in such places to filter the toxic air. In the Dead zones, creatures mutated and ran wild, only adding to the multitudes of dangers people endured in this day and age. The earth we used to know was growing unfit for survival, so people had to retreat. Lucky for them, they had the technology to create ways to keep people safe from the monstrosity humanity had caused, meanwhile attempting to find a fix. Green cities were going to be their new home, but not just any cities, cities which resided in the sky. These were made to not only keep the people from the danger on the ground but as research facilities to work on the renewal of planet earth. Trying to return her to her former glory. Unfortunately, there was only one city presently made, Eco City due to the limited space on these floating metropolises, not everyone was able to be accepted. The selection process was was strict and many factors came into play. One of those being if your home was in immediate danger (such as turning into a dead zone) it made it more likely you'd be accepted, despite that being a help, there were multitudes of tests to still be taken - from usual health exams, to endurance, fitness and a series of intelligence tests. You had to at least pass to be considered into the Eco City. They couldn't afford to take just anyone.

In life there are times you have to adapt, when you have to change your habits to work with the strange circumstances which occur. Circumstances that are way beyond your control, and unfortunately you have to make the effort to live with them. As the times change, the harder life may get, although it all depends on how they change...

___________

"Makeup, lipstick, lip gloss, mascara, concealer, contour powder, eye primer, face primer and foundation. And, I think that is all of it." Squeaked out a girl with dark skin, nearly bouncing off the walls in excitement.

This was a big day for many families across the world as the first ever green city had been created, the one which was branded to 'save humanity as we know it' a city which flew 25,000 feet in the sky.

This peppy girl was one of the lucky few to call the ECO City her new home.

"Okay... I have my makeup bag, my four suitcases filled with clothing, hair accessories and of course all my devices..." she whispered to herself, tapping her chin in thought, figuring out if she was missing anything.

This teenager had a long journey ahead of her, a six-hour road trip to where the city residents would meet and be transported on air-borne ships to the metropolitan town they would call their home. The ship would take about 162 hours to arrive at the city. Totaling 7 days to get there.

From the neighboring room, the girl's mother shouted. "Sweetie, remember to pack lightly. We will buys anything we might need when we get there."

"Don't worry. I did. Just my essentials. I wish I did not have to but such is life," whimpered the girl as she moved her tightly curled, sandy brown hair over her shoulder.