Down the Rabbit Hole

You were walking through the forest. Enjoying the silence. You were finally on break from school and all that bullshit. Meaning you could now ignore civilization and pretend you lived like a fairy. even if they weren't real. 

God only knows when the last time you got a genuine break was. From your parents urging you to do well in school. Even though you moved away. To your friends begging you to get a partner. 

You called them your friends but they weren't really in that category. More like people you hung around so you didn't get the title of Loner. Oddly enough, you liked being alone but hated feeling lonely. 

You sighed and shook your head. No reason to go into a depression over it. You pulled out your phone and weren't surprised when you saw there was no signal. You were in the middle of the woods. But thankfully you had a new bit of data.

There was the sound of running and worried muttering. You lifted your head and tried to find the source. Hoping this wasn't going to turn into one of those horror fanfictions.

"Oh dear, I'm late! I'm late, I'm late, I'm late!" A guy said, running into you. You grabbed his arms and he turned to you, fear in his eyes.

His eyes were a bright, bloody red. His hair was white as fresh-fallen snow, and his outfit reminded you of a medieval renaissance cosplay of an aristocrat. but the outfit was entirely white. 

"Oh dear, oh dear, please let go! I can't be late or it's off with my head!" He said, an odd accent to his voice. 

"What?" You questioned. "What are you talking about?"

"I can't doddle any longer. Or the Queen will have my head!" Queen? The man broke out of your grasp. And began running again. And against your better judgment, you followed him. The problem was that he was much faster than you were. And you weren't that athletic yourself. 

Of course, you also weren't paying attention to your surroundings, meaning you didn't see the root you tripped on and fell into a hole. The man fell faster than you did and was soon out of sight. But by some miracle, you just floated down. 

The hole was large enough to fit multiple people side by side. But it looked like an antique shop if it were put in a vertical tunnel, with oddities of all kinds on the shelves or floating around. you were able to upright yourself and sat in a rocking chair quickly sliding out of it again. 

Teacups and pots, and books and foods. Any and everything was down the tunnel. Until you finally crashed through the ceiling and landed on the ground. There was a chandelier next to you. And it looked like it was hanging from a ceiling. Hold on-

You fell back to the ground with a thud and groaned. Rubbing your head and groaning as you sat up. Questioning why chasing the random man in the woods was a smart idea. 

You heard a curtain shut and looked around the room. In the middle was a clear glass table. with a bottle on it. You stood up and walked to the table, picking up the bottle. On it was a tag. 

Drink Me. You blinked and flipped the tag over, seeing what looked like a list. It was hard to read through what you assumed was cursive. Although it looked like it belonged in the American Declaration of Independence. 

Ingredients:
A dragon's eye,
Three drops of a jabberwocky's tears,
Two mermaid scales,
And two ounces of maple syrup

You blinked in confusion. What the- Jabberwocky? Mermaid scales? Dragon's eye? It sounded like a sick medication from the past. Only with fictional creatures. This has to be a joke. 

The sound of a curtain sliding on its rod caught your attention and you turned your head to see what was a curtain. It was bright red with gold trimming. And it came up to your knee.

Kneeling down, you opened the curtain to find a door. The door handle looked like a face. the door itself was made of dark oak and gold. she grabbed the door handle and shook it finding it locked.

"Watch where you're grabbing!" You pushed yourself back and hit the glass table, making wobble. You turned back to the door that stretched its face as if to get rid of an itch. 

"By God, has no one taught you to ask before you touch?"