Don't Even Think About It

a/n: "could you do something where reader finds our riff/dodge is ticklish? thanks!"

requested by anon, enjoy!

p.s... got a little creative with this lmao. sorry if dodge seems a little out of character! i've never written for him before, but i established he and y/n's relationship pretty early on so there's more of an explanation as to why he is the way he is in this.

warnings: a certain hall being absolutely disgusting

w.c.: 1.5k

Hearing the familiar jingle of the door's bell caused Dodge to look up. He was initially wiping down the tables, but at the bell, he walked over behind the bar and grabbed a menu, still not making eye contact, "What can I get ya?"

"A kiss?" You smiled, causing him to finally look up at you. "Hey you.." The boy smiled, leaning down and catching your lips in a quick kiss. "Thought you were gonna be with Heather and Nat today? What happened there?" He questioned before placing the menu back under the bar, turning around and grabbing you your favorite drink.

"Ah, well, I didn't really wanna be with them if I'm being honest." Dodge chuckled softly and leaned forward on the bar as he looked at you with a small smile resting on his face. Your eyes raked over his body, falling down his arms and how the shirt hugged his torso. You had to turn away, the activities from last night rushing into your brain. Your face lit up in a blush and you hid your hand behind your palm, glancing toward the door.

Your boyfriend leaned forward and turned your face back to him, his hand guiding your chin gently. "That's as good a reason as any." He agreed, "But, hey, Y/n, I wanted to-"

Another tall man walked into the cafe and stole your boyfriend's attention. Dodge shot you an apologetic look before letting his face switch to a blank, unreadable, disinterested slate. He placed the menu in front of the customer, turning to walk back over to you when the customer spoke, "Oh that's alright, I don't need the menu, son. I know what I want."

One glance at you was all it took for you to realize that Dodge was already annoyed with this customer. You turned away and stifled your laughter, hiding your mouth in your palm once again. The taller of the two pulled out a notepad and jotted down everything the man ordered and with an almost completely silent sigh, Dodge nodded at the customer, " 'll be right out." He walked over to set the order up for preparation, his hand 'accidentally' grazing yours as he walked by, a smile on his face as his back turned to the customer.

You smiled back and grabbed his pinky before he was fully out of reach, "Baby?" You asked softly, causing him to look at you sweetly, "Hm?" You pursed your lips and spoke again, "Can I order a (your favorite food)? Pleaseee?" You asked, doing your best puppy eyes at him. The brunette rolled his eyes and smiled, nodding as he typed your order into the system. "I'll be right back with that, princess."

You sipped your drink and distracted yourself with something on your phone before you felt a suspicious and dark presence tower over you. You turned around and were met with a certain Luke Hall looming over you. You swallowed your anxiety and cleared your throat before speaking, "Something I can help you with?"

The elder Hall said nothing except stare directly at your chest. You felt extremely uncomfortable at this and silently prayed that your Dodge would come back and help you. "Hell..o?" You asked again, your word separating when you noticed he was getting much closer to you.

"You know what happens when you wear a shirt like that?" He asked, completely ignoring your questions. You swallowed hard and prepared yourself, having no idea where this conversation could go. "No?" You questioned. Before you could even process what was happening, your drink was thrown over you and your shirt instantly became see through.

A loud gasp left your mouth and you flew out of your seat, "What the fuck is wrong with you, Luke!" You practically yelled, looking down at your shirt, doing your best to remain modest. Your arms were crossed over your chest and you felt your face heat up in embarrassment as you watched Luke try to look at you through your arms.

In an instant, a hand was on your waist and pulled you back. "The fuck you think you're doing, man? You've gotta helluva a lotta nerve showing yourself around here." Dodge said steadily. You swallowed and hid your face in his back, gripping the fabric of his shirt as your peered around him, watching Luke.

You weren't scared, but you wanted comfort and to hide your top from anyone who could see. Although, you could feel how angry your boyfriend was, his back muscles were flexing and the rest of his body was very stiff and very tense. You tuned out most of the conversation, except for the end of it.

"You have about five seconds before I call the Cortez and tell him you're assaulting our customers." The ever present smirk that had been tugging on Luke's face had finally dropped at that statement and he backed off, "You're lucky that-" Luke began, before Dodge's jaw tightened,

"Four." With that, Luke backed out of the cafe and stormed away. As soon as he left the store, Dodge turned to you and escorted you to the back. Passing by his mom, he nodded towards the customer and she took his order to him. The two of you were left alone in the kitchen as he looked you over, "He hurt you?" He asked, his voice laced with concern. "I should've been there, I'm sorry darling, I-"

You shook your head and kissed him to silence him, his favorite way of you telling him to shut up. You broke the kiss before sighing quietly, "I'm okay, baby. But, can I ask you for a favor?" With a nod, Dodge's hand made its way to your cheek as he searched your eyes for any hint of what you needed, "Yeah, of course, baby. Tell me what you need. Anything for you." He said, a surge of protectiveness surging through him.

"Could I have your shirt? This one is starting to get sticky, and uh..." You gestured at yourself and he looked down, smirking at you. He opened his mouth to make a joke but you immediately shut him down, "Not the time, moron." You couldn't fight the smile that'd begun to spread on your face and he held his hands up defensively. "C'mon, can I just make one jo-"

You answered physically rather than verbally by tugging on the side of his shirt, causing Dodge to laugh pretty hard. You raised a brow, looking up at your boyfriend's face, "Why'd you laugh so hard? You usually don't-"

A thought hit you like a train as your hands darted to the same spot again, wiggling a bit. Dodge laughed again and backed up, pursing his lips. He looked at you and couldn't help smiling, your eyes were wide in delight and you had a shit eating grin on your face, "Is my Dodge Mason ticklish?" You asked deviously, giggling.

Dodge scoffed and shook his head, "What do you take me for? Of course I'm not ticklish!" He argued and crossed his arms, shooting you a look. You walked forward and wiggled your fingers again in the same spot ever so lightly, causing him to burst into laughter once more.

You laughed gleefully at his annoyed expression, "No fucking way!" He groaned and rubbed his temples with his right hand, "Shut the fuck up, babe." He tried really hard to stay annoyed at you but he just couldn't, being too happy at the fact that his ticklishness had made you so happy.

More laughter tumbled from your lips as he made a big show of being annoyed at you, "Tell me, Y/n, do you want my shirt or not?" You pulled at the bottom of the shirt before leaning up and pecking his lips, "Of course I do! Give it!" Dodge laughed softly and pulled it over his head, handing it to you.

As you slid your boyfriend's shirt over your head, Dodge walked to his bag and slid his spare shirt over his head before holding his hand out to you. You took his hand and he spun you once before dipping you and kissing you. "Ya look good in my shirt, baby." He smirked before setting you upright and walking out of the kitchen with his hands in his pocket.

He walked back to his spot behind the counter and stood across from you as you began to eat. He leaned against the back of the bar with his arms folded across his chest. When you finished your food, you wagged him over with your finger and he complied, giving you a peck on the forehead. You were grateful it was only you two in the cafe now, as it gave you the free will to basically do anything. And you did just that, your hands shot down to Dodge's sides once again in an attempt to tickle him, causing him to jump out of your reach.

"Oh, don't even think about it, Y/n."