Chapter 1: We're Behind

I'm going to meet with Stan about my next job and I know nothing of what the job is or where. I knock and he say "enter." 

I open the door closing the door behind me as I walk up, and he tells me "Sit." I do and he starts to explain the job "Alright Rapp, here's the file and everything you need to know is it. 

You'll be leaving now so get your stuff ready and this one is different. You're not going under the radar and in fact you'll be going as an agent." 

He opens his desk sliding a black wallet and I open it seeing my picture and info along with the words CIA Agent Mitch Rapp. I pocket it and stand up as I turn to leave. 

Just as I open the door to step through, he says "also the job is in your hometown, that's not going to be a problem, right?" I look back at him and I smirk telling him "Don't let it get personal." He nods as I leave to get my stuff.

~~timeskip~~

~~Mitch~~

I just arrive in Beacon Hills and I'm driving to my safe house while I work on exposing the mole. Once I get everything sorted my burner phone starts going off and I look at it before I answer "Stan" 

He says, "you going to the station?" I roll my eyes as I tell him "I'm leaving now." He says "good, keep me posted." I smirk telling him "You got it." 

I hang up as I get dressed and leave out the door. After a shortish drive to the station, I finally park the car and I get out as I make my way up to the door thinking to myself "Deny it, tell him "I'm sorry you must have me confused with someone else." 

I just open the doors as I walk in to the first desk, and I look at the name on the desk saying Deputy Jordan Parrish. I speak "Deputy Parrish, I'm here to see the Sheriff." He looks at me and gives a weird look before saying, "Uh alright, I'll go get him." 

He gets up and goes into the room as I find a seat to wait. It's been a few minutes when the door opens, and he comes over. He slows down when I look at him. 

I stand up grabbing my identification and I show it to them stating "I'm Agent Rapp, I'm here on behalf of the CIA." They look at my badge and the Sheriff gestures to his office. 

I walk into his and he closes the door saying, "So CIA, tuff job." I sit down and tell him "What do you have so far? On the mole, any suspects?" 

He sits down telling me "I thought you were dead, we both did." I tell him with a warning tone "I'm here to help with YOUR mole so let's just focus on getting rid of it. 

Moles are a menace and are a serious problem if not taken care of in a timely manner. So, let's just keep our priorities in order." 

He shakes his head and says, "Your right, there's always another time, so far the suspects are between two." He gestures me over and I look to see the potential mole on the computer. 

I ask "Background?" He looks up to me and back to the computer typing in the details. He they gesture to it saying, "They're both clean and if they're doing it under the table, it can't be easily tracked." 

I think and ask, "What exactly made you think these two out of your whole department?" He tells me "Well they were just off to me." 

I then tell him "Then we're already behind, I need to speak to everyone in the department and I can tell you exactly who the mole is.