Sometimes Things Happen

• Dedicated to To every soldier that comes home injured

I heard the swish of my ball gown rustling behind me combined with the foot steps of the other guests. I walk up the steps of the grand staircase slowly while admiring the lovely couples dancing down below. Suddenly you come into view and my heart flutters.Smiling I walk towards you after you finish visiting with a friend.

"Alexander!"

You hear me call your name and look for me. I know it will take you only a matter of seconds to find me. Watching as your face lights with you when you see makes me warm inside. Your eyes roam over my dark curly hair that falls over my shoulders along with my dramatic make up, gown.

"Audri, my love I have missed you. I am terribly sorry I wasn't able to ride here with you ,but the Duke needed my assistance so I had to come early......"

I kiss you hard to cut off your explanations while my arms encircle your neck. you pull back and look down at me with hunger.

"Audri not here. The whole court watches. Meet me in the gallery in twenty minutes."

You kiss me roughly then turn to go take care of the rest of your business before you come to me.

The gallery is special because it's a dome made of glass where you can see the entire sky hung with shimmery stars. Off of the gallery is a set of private rooms for guests of the Duke. Since Alex is the Duke's brother we stay here anytime we have to come to the castle. Watching the bright stars twinkle in the night, I start to undo the ties of my corset when I feel your arms sip around me.

"I love watching the stars, don't you Alex?"

You kiss my neck while ignoring my question.

" There is something I would much rather look at than the stars right now."

The cold air of the gallery sweeps around us pushing us even closer. I laugh as you carry me bridal style to the huge in the next room. I spread myself on the bedding then watch as you stay back. I shiver with cold.

" What's wrong?" I ask nervously

" Oh nothing , I'm just thinking about how beautiful you are and how much I love you."

"I love you too, but I'm really cold." I hear you growl then say "Well, we will have to fix that won't we." you pounce on me and I laugh.

----------------