Lost

"She's gone" Justin sobbed. "She's gone and she's not coming back. We lost her, Faith. We lost her." All Faith did was clench her fist. Serenity was right in front of them, collapsed on the floor in front of them. 

All Faith needed was a sign. A sign to show that Serenity was still with them. That she didn't just leave the world. A sign to show that she was still part of this world and not some dead, lifeless shell of the girl they once knew, the one they had loved. But Serenity didn't budge. She didn't blink, twitch, or move a muscle. The wind rustled around her soft ebony hair, teasing, placing, and blowing it as it danced across her face, which rested peacefully. As if she was ready to leave the world, at only fourteen years old. Her gleaming silver eyes stared out into the open nothingness above as Faith let the darkness eat away at her, pulling her, urging her to let go. 

She didn't. 

She wouldn't. 

Faith ran out of the room, and into the woods, finding comfort in the branches of her willow tree. With nobody around, she let herself break, her emerald eyes glistened in the sunlight as it reflected her tears.  "Serenity's lost, but in a different way," Faith reassured herself. "She's lost, put out of her pain," she continued. "I'm lost because of my pain" And that's when the blackness took over.