CHAPTER 7. selfish selflessness

Getting avoided by the crowds of people at school was normal

Getting avoided by the crowds of people at school was normal. They were simply scared, most being the guys. In fear of the bigger predators devouring them, those who are smaller submit.

Even though the delinquent inside of him has calmed down a bit, Megumi Fushiguro was still someone not to mess with at Saitama Urami East Junior High.

He walked through the school at the end of the day where multiple people made way for him. He didn't say a word and continued on. When people didn't move at the front of the gate, he found himself annoyed. Megumi didn't care if they didn't move for him, it was more of the fact that people had to both come and go. It was a public space, so students shouldn't block the way in and out.

Many people near the gate whispered and gawked at the sight in front of them. Megumi, who wasn't having it, decided to shove through the crowd with almost inaudible excuse me's.

He made it to the front of the horde and finally realized why all the girls were in awe. It was always like this, for some reason he didn't understand. Any time Gojo had made an appearance, practically all eyes were on him— whether it was when he was in his casual outfit, or in his sorcerer uniform.

He was wearing his hair down, his blacked-out sunglasses, and a white button-down shirt on top of that. Gojo was definitely a sight for sore eyes.

Gojo saw Megumi and excitedly waved, "Megumi~! get in the car!"

The white-haired man wore a grin as he honked twice, sitting straight again inside of his black car. Megumi rolled his eyes and ignored the curious gazes of his schoolmates while he got inside.

'This annoying guy'

Gojo's happy expression died down and his lips turned straight when they drove further away from the school. The mood inside of the small car changed. Suddenly, Megumi felt unsettled by the atmosphere that had been set.

"Why'd you pick me up?" the black-haired boy asked. "You never do that."

"I did do that for you and your sisters when you were kids."

"Yeah, when we were kids."

Megumi clicked his tongue and asked once again why Gojo decided to suddenly pick him up. He noticed that they weren't even heading in the direction of where the Fushiguro apartment was.

"Amaya almost died."

Those were the words that made the young Fushiguro freeze in his seat. His breath hitched for a moment before he turned to the special grade sorcerer with large eyes.

"What do you mean she almost died?" he interrogated. "How would she- Don't tell me it's like Tsumiki's case."

Gojo sped up the car by a little, "She drowned, but CPR was performed on her just in time. I'm taking you to the hospital since she's currently there right now. It's not a coma or anything, just so you know."