1| TRUST - him

I sighed as i finished up the last of my paper work.

Friday nights used to be my favorite. I always had something to look forward to after work. I had someone waiting for me at home.

Now it was just nothing.

Just myself and the sound of the sink dripping.

It's crazy how you never forget your first love. Whatever you do, they will always be there. You see them everywhere, and every single small thing you do reminds you of them.

It's insane, really.

I drove around the city, trying to find somewhere where i could think (more like drink) away my sorrows and forget about them for a while.

The bar.

Itt was my go to place. I liked drinking. I wasn't an alcoholic but I've had my moments where i, myself even thought i was one.

I did like me some nice liquid courage before work, maybe before going to bed.

It wasn't a habit though.

As i entered the bar, the feeling of deja vu hit me like a baseball bat in the face. This was all too familiar.

I made my way through the waves of drunk, intoxicated people to get a drink. I sat on the mini bar on the same exact seat i used to sit every Friday to come see her.

My first "love".

She was always here, sitting down by herself while she stared at the people on the dancing floor. She was so nice to look at. At some point, i even imagined her having my kids and a big wedding.

I used to think she was my person.

How foolish of me.

I finished my drink in one big sip and i knew there was no way I was driving myself home tonight.

This was also familiar. The deja vu was still there. It felt off.

I ordered another drink and turned to her not empty anymore seat, since someone else had already occupied it.

She had already occupied it.

And she was gorgeous.

I couldn't help but to stare. She had shoulder length hair and cute little bangs that were messy, like she had ran her hands through it. I didn't fail to notice how red her eyes were. She was crying, there were tears everywhere.

She was wearing a black dress and black heels that someone would think she had come in from a funeral. And the tears added to that thought.

She ordered 5 tequila shots and i was surprised how such a tiny body could take that much. She was going through something and i didn't want to be that judgy asshole, so i stopped staring.

This was all so familiar. Every single thing.

I got up from my seat and made my way to the restroom when some drunk ass pushed me and i tripped and stumbled into someone.

"Asshole, you made me spill my drink." The tiny voice came from the person i had tripped into. My shoulder was wet from whatever had spilled and i grabbed my handkerchief to dry of some of the wetness.

"I'm sorry, someone bum-" i turned to apologize, but instead I went speechless. She was even prettier close up and i was sure being this pretty was illegal. Her eyes were full of tears and she looked so small and fragile in that state. Someone had hurt her bad, and she had never been hurt like this.

I was broken of my train of thoughts when her lips let out a small sob.

Then a big one.

Then another big one.

She was crying bad and i didn't know what to do. She was a complete stranger and if i console her, people would think i did this to her.

I would never do this to her.

Ever.

I looked at her eyes and looked for confirmation that she wanted to be consoled. When her eyes met mine, i could see the dispair in then, she needed a hug so badly, she wanted to be comforted.

I wrapped my hands around her was surprised when her shoulders were ice cold. It was cold outside and she didn't even wear a sweater. I rubbed my hands on her arms trying to warm her and ease her shivers, and felt relieved when her shivering was less each second.

"I'm so sorry, you don't even know me and yet here you are hugging someone who just got cheated on. How pathetic right?" She laughed in between her sobs.

The person who did this is an asshole who has no idea what they just lost.

"You're not pathetic. He's an idiot, he doesn't know what he just lost." I said as i ran my hands through her back in a calming manner. The tension in her body seemed to be soothing down by my touch.

It's like she needed this.

"You think so? But you don't even know me, what if it was my fault?" She said as her sobs stopped. I sat down next to her while my hands were still wrapped around her shoulders.

"I don't need to know you to know if wasn't your fault or not. Nobody deserves to get cheated on." I said as i wiped her remaining tears. She looked at me and smiled before her face went pale and she clutched her stomach.

Oh no.

She got up and ran to the restroom and i followed behind her. She was on one of the stalls, on her knees while she emptied out her stomach. I held up her hair and rubbed her back to help ease the pain, even thoughi knew it probably wouldn't help.

"I'm so sorry, i need to go home." She said as she sat down while she leaned her back on the stal. She was drunk to go home herself, so i said the most stupid thing ever.

"Let me drive you, please. It's the least i can do to help." I said even though none of this was my fault.

"It's fine. I can get a cab. Please, I've been a burden tonight. You just wanted to have a drink, i ruined your night i don't wanna ruin it more."

If only she knew.

"Trust me, this has been one of the most interesting nights I've had in a while."

"Is taking care of a strange drunk woman interesting to you? Not gonna lie, your life sounds pretty boring." She jokingly said as she tried holding back a smile.

I was a nerve wreck and her joking back eased my mind in the best way possible.

"Come on, let me take you home." I extended my hand, waiting for her to respond. She looked hesitant and it was understandable. If a half sober woman volunteered to take me home i would be hesitant too.

"Fine, but promise me you aren't secretly a serial killer and you won't kill me and feed me to your dogs?" She joked again and i let out a laugh. She smiled and giggled before holding onto my hand to stand up.

Even if it's only for a few more minutes, i wanted to make sure to see her smile once more.

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

𝚑𝚎𝚢!

𝚜𝚘 𝚒 𝚍𝚎𝚌𝚒𝚍𝚎𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚛𝚎 𝚠𝚛𝚒𝚝𝚎 𝚖𝚢 𝚘𝚕𝚍 '𝙾𝚞𝚝 𝚘𝚏 𝙿𝚕𝚊𝚌𝚎' 𝚘𝚗𝚎 𝚜𝚑𝚘𝚝𝚜 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚖𝚊𝚔𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚖 𝚋𝚎𝚝𝚝𝚎𝚛. 𝚜𝚘𝚖𝚎 𝚙𝚊𝚛𝚝𝚜 𝚍𝚒𝚍 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚐𝚎 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚜𝚘𝚖𝚎 𝚍𝚒𝚍𝚗'𝚝. 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚎 𝚠𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝚋𝚎 𝟹 𝚙𝚊𝚛𝚝𝚜 𝚝𝚘 𝚒𝚝 𝚊𝚜 𝚠𝚎𝚕𝚕.

𝚑𝚘𝚙𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚐𝚞𝚢𝚜 𝚕𝚒𝚔𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚎𝚍𝚒𝚝𝚎𝚍 𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚒𝚘𝚗!

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆