Another Day

Y/n Pov

The Faint loneliness went over you as the months of quarantining yourself from the virus. That hit the world and shut many things down, such as Local Businesses, Family interaction, and even local contact. But it's not like it's something you worry about since you don't have ties to your family members since you moved out.

Yet word was out that workable (Emergency) people were being called into work. The only way to get back to work is getting a vaccination shot that hopefully clears up this virus for people or at least makes them immune. You were initially skeptical, but someone you know from work was getting that shot and started encouraging you to get it.

You wanted to stay home even longer but knew you had no money to pay the bills since you lived alone. So that's what you did. You got the shot and felt this headache that throbbed inside your head. A side effect was warned to you as you got injected with it. But you pushed it off and called your manager, who encouraged you to get the Vaccination shot to let them know you were coming to work.

Work

When you Arrive at work later in the day, you walk in, and the smell of burgers and fries fills your nostrils. Even the animatronic burger mascot was there, and whenever someone passed him, he would say his infamous line, "I hope you enjoy your stay at Smally Burger! Where the smallest things have a big taste!" the mascot says as it waves it's hand back and forth.

You would think it's cute that we have it there since it's basically for the kids, but mostly we have adults walking in here all the time, and they scoff at it or don't get it a second glance. After you glance at the lobby, you start walking your way to the back behind the counter as you would. As you see, many of your Co-workers are quickly getting the machines to start since we're returning to work. Most were women, and very few were men.

Your manager Carley was there as she was waiting for you to get there. She was looking at her clipboard and not batting an eye back at you, giving you a chance to look at her before you started to talk to her and begin your shift. Carley is a white freckled face girl who has brown hair in a ponytail with eyes that look like emeralds. She wore the company's black shirt with white and blue stripes that went down towards the bottom of the shirt and the black pants. Her shoes, for that matter, were completely different from the company code. But she had mismatched shoes that were Converses. One was Red, and the other was blueish-green.

You walked up towards her and spoke. "Hey, Carley." You say nervously as you scratch the back of your head. "Hey Y/n," She says excitedly as she continues to speak. "Well, since you're here, you can manage the front cashier when people come in." She says severely before returning to her clipboard and scribbling back into it. "Oh, by the way, when you see Josh, tell him to get back to work. I had someone to take his spot since he randomly disappeared." She started walking deeper into the kitchen to talk to other co-workers. "Will do!" You screamed as you turned and entered your employee ID into the screen for the cashier.

Soon after, a customer came to the counter to make an order giving you a chance to get a good look at her. She had brown hair shaved on one side and long on the other. She wore a crop top and tight jeans, showing her curves as she walked. She then started to speak as words came out of her mouth. "Hi, can I get a number 3 combo with an extra side of fries?" she asked, fishing into her purse for her wallet. She pursed her lipstick-clad lips as she frustratedly searched for them.

In Response to her order, I spoke, "Yea, Sure. A Number 3 Combo Meal is on your Smally way! That would be 10.38$ Mamm." As I quickly put her order in, I watched her frustration go through her bag. Of course, women expected to lose their wallets in their purses. For a Moment, the headache from before increased its pressure in throbbing. Before I got the chance to say anything to the customer or a co-worker behind me, I felt faint as I blacked out for a moment.