One : Macadamia

"I'll get back here tomorrow for your delicious coffee."

Namjoon winks at Seokjin, scratching his head in flutter. He knows he is causing some effect to his regular 6 feet tall customer.

"Seriously, what fragrance are you using? This place smells really enticing that's why I keep coming here."

Seokjin laughs it out. Slight nervous to stretch his statement.

"We'll lose our competition if I tell you."
The strong broad man tapped his point finger a few times to agree.

"Right, your secret ingredient to attract customers. Fine. I leave it as it is."

He winks again upon brushing his hand against the barista's fingers wrapped in his ordered coffee.

What a flirt.

This coffee shop is my major life savior.
Since coffee neutralizes odor and fragrant.

If not, I was sold to black market long time ago already. Blame it in my fucking scent.

I am Kim Seokjin, one in a hundred rare breed possessing both male and female scent which makes it dangerous for me. I become an open target for sexual abuse due to my rare fragrance.

Syndicate hunts people like me to extract my scent and sell for a roof-rocketing price. People who once had an opportunity to smell me said I scented like Macadamia pie.

For 29 years I concealed my life by suppressing my scent using coffee since it is a powerful scent neutralizer that is why I spend most of the time working as barista ever since the first incident happened upon finding out my brand. I never had experienced scent attraction due to my rare condition.

I see myself as factory defect product rather a special one.

My condition is something not to brag about.

I live in a society where a modern civilization exists ruled by classification they called "Scent branding".

Only a couple with compatible brand is exclusively accepted by the government and the pulse of society. Their scent determines what future reserves for them. It simply dictates and serves as a guide what job suits their capabilities up to finding a mate that is destined to be their partner for the rest of their lives.

Scent branding has to be involved with scent attraction first, the attraction must be mutual and finally labeling the other half by means of branding (giving your scent to your mate.)

Scent trace only occurs when you came across with your compatible mate, this specific scent last long in your philtrum for a whole month, giving you enough time to trace your mate candidate.

Once you meet everything will be up on your sleeves, either to proceed on getting to know each other or walk it off and wait for another scent to attract you.

However as much as the branding may sound sexy and alluring, it can also put a person at risk.

Like me.

Scent attraction could activate anyone's interest and turned them on in such intensity level depending how strong the scent gland is emitting.

How I wished I never have granted this kind of smell.

"See you tomorrow!"

As usual, I am the last one to close the shop. This became, if I would be honest, my first home to me. Supposedly my actual home should be my first home but then strangers had more chance to invade my house and abduct me to wherever belly of the beast that would be.

Closing my eyes as I vividly recall the incident happened 9 years ago.

It was just an ordinary boys college night. A bunch of whacka-holes, weirdos, mojos and all sorts of adjective that rhymes with O's were there.