Nine

"W-what the...?  Where am I...?"

Around her were clouds...but she was standing on them...

"What did that fucking midget do now...?  If he thinks he can run-"

"Vaity...?"

Her eyes widen...she recognized that voice...the way her name was called...a voice that she believed she wouldn't hear again...she looked behind her...her heart quickened, tears start falling from her eyes...

"D...Darling...?"

Her love was in front of her...wearing the very same clothes he did when he passed, except they looked brand new, his chest softly glowing with light with a halo just above his head.  He had a gentle smile...her legs started to move on their own, moving closer to him before tackling him on the cloud

"DARLING!!"

She buried her face in his chest, her arms wrapping tightly around his body, he could feel her tears on his clothes, he only smiled and softly hugged her back

"Shh...Calm yourself Vaity...There's no need to cry..."

She didn't listen, her only focus was holding him, trying to make it so she'd literally wouldn't be able to live if she let go, her tears seemed never ending as she only kept holding him

"Darling...Darling..."

She looked up at his face...she saw his angelic (E/c) eyes shine...like when they first met...one hand went to his cheek, softly cupping it...she could see it in his eyes...why wasn't he angry...?

"D-Darling...I-I'm so sor-", She began, but was stopped when he softly pressed his finger against her lips

"There's no need for apologies Vaity... what happened happened, there's no point in lingering.  Besides, It ain't so bad here, did you know Heaven has this Delicious Fruit on a white tree?  One bite and you'll be filled with Joy, needless to say, Heaven's awesome"

He didn't realize that she wasn't listening, her eyes were only on him...slowly getting off him, she took his hand, helping him up and starting pulling him with her, "Um, Vaity? What're you-", he softly asked.  "How do we get out of here Baby?" She softly said to him, her grip on his hand tight. 

"Vaity, This is the in-between, I'm guessing when you confessed your desires and need to repent to him, he somehow brought you here...wait...we?"  He explained to her, suddenly, three doors appeared in front of the two.

Vaity immediately put herself in between her sweetie and the doors, "What are those Darling

Vaity immediately put herself in between her sweetie and the doors, "What are those Darling...?"  She saw him moving ahead of her, standing in front of the middle door, "Here we are", the middle door slowly opened, revealing where she was, her body against a tree as BF and GF were seen standing there, as if waiting.

"Go through this door" She heard her Sweetie say, "But next time, Wait until its actually your time to show up here" He immediately got hugged by her, who looked at him with a slight obsessed look.  "Um, is everything alrig-"

"You're coming with me..." She started dragging him towards the door, inside her head, she started thinking about how she'll make up for her mistake and ensure that he'll never again leave her...except, he knew this was a waste of effort.  Just as they made it to the door, a field blocked his path, stopping him from advancing further, seeing this, she stopped and turned to him, "D-Darling? Why aren't you-"

"I can't go back Vaity...My time's up...I can't go with you...I must stay here...and I know what you're thinking...you can't stay...its not your time yet...I'm sorry Vaity..." He gently explained to her...her hair covered her eyes as she moved closer to him, taking his hand in hers, softly bringing it to her lips, before gently kissing his hand...her other hand reached into her jacket...and pulled out a microphone, seeing this, he softly tried to pull his hand away, but her grip grew tighter on his hand.

"Let's sing then...my one and only...we haven't sung together in so long...so...I'm going to sing with you...and when I win...you'll have no choice but to come back with me...so we can live our lives happily together...no distractions...and no abandonment...never again..." He could see the look in her eyes, her voice sounded calm...but her hand holding his wad tight, her grip on the microphone softly shook from the amount of pressure she gave it. "Vaity... Please look at me..." She did just that...her eyes looked Lost... Afraid... Desperate...yet Determined.

He let out a soft sigh, before looking at the door to heaven...seeing it emit a soft pulse of light, his chest doing the same...

"Looks like some rules can be bent...Very well Vaity...if you truly wish for me to return with you..." His free hand opened and a golden microphone appeared on it, he held it close to his mouth, before softly smiling at her, "Then you better give it your all"