The burning

Got the idea for this AU from this picture

Mirabel woke up in the middle of the night after Antonio's ceremony

Mirabel woke up in the middle of the night after Antonio's ceremony. She snuck out the window and made her way to the candle to hold it and pray that she'll get a gift. When she went to grab the candle it lashed out with burning flames not knowing who it was. Abuela heard the screams of Mirabel and the burning of the candle and decided to use this against her the next morning.

Mirabel woke up at 5:15 AM passed out in bed. Apparently Casita silently put her in bed after she passed out on the roof next to the candle covered in burns. She looked around and saw that everything was blurred and hard to see. When the candle burned her it left her blind. Knowing that she would be useless to her family like this she fled to the walls. Bruno was walking out from the walls to the kitchen to get some more of Julieta's left over Arepas when he saw Mirabel stumbling to the portrait he uses to get in and out of the walls undetected. (Oh mi sobrina what happened?) Bruno thought before grabbing Mirabel's hand. "Who's there?" Mirabel asked not knowing who it was that grabbed her hand. "Oh mi sobrina. It's me your tío Bruno." Bruno said as quietly as he could without scaring her.

Bruno picked up Mirabel as gently as he could being careful of her burns. He climbed into the walls and made his way to his makeshift room. One of his rats who he named Blanco because of his white fur came and crawled on him. "Oh hola Blanco. What's up?" Bruno asked before hearing steaks come from the small rat. "Mira." Bruno said as quietly as he could taking in his niece Dolores's hearing to account. "Blanco wants to be your see eye rat. Is that ok?" he asked getting a small nod from his niece. Happy with the answer received Blanco crawled on Mirabel and gave squeaks to let her know where she was. Having taking a few lessons from her tío when she was young understood where she was. "Mira what happened to you?" Bruno asked softly.

When everyone woke up they saw no sign of Mirabel being up. Thinking as she  just wanted to sleep in they made their way to the table to eat. "Everyone I have an announcement." Abuela said gaining the attention of everyone. "Durning the night Mirabel tried to snuff out the candle's flame." she said receiving gasps from her family members. "Ugh I knew she was jealous but I didn't think she would go as far as to take away the miracle." Isabela said regretting every last word coming from her mouth. Dolores heard everything that happened during the night and knew Abuela was lying but she kept it a secret. "We shall no longer speak about Mirabel." Abuela said making everyone except the ones who trust Mirabel's good nature and kind heart agree.

What Dolores heard from the walls
"The telenovela Rato del Encato is brought to you by Julieta's Arepa's and Mirabel has been burned badly she can't see. Dolores I know your listening if you can bring us some Arepa's through the crack in the wall when everyone is doing their chores that would be great. Thank you love you mi sobrina."

2 months go by and Mirabel's burns can't be healed with Julieta's cooking because they came from the candle. Being blind has been hard for both Mirabel and Bruno but they manage. Due to her lack of sight Mirabel's senses have become sharper but her hearing is almost like Dolores's hearing. Her style changed. It seemed like everything was going great for them. Until. BAM! "Tío Bruno!" Mirabel heard that voice and recognized it to be Dolores coming to talk to her papa [yes I'm the two months they spent together Mirabel has called Bruno papa]. Mirabel hid not wanting to be seen in case Dolores brought someone else with her.

"And that's what going on." another voice Mirabel recognized to be Camilo said. "Look kids. I don't do visions anymore and I'm perfectly happy here. We may not have much but it's alright because we have each other." Bruno said. Mirabel smiled and decided it was time to walk in and talk to Bruno. Being led to her papa by Blanco she made sure she was silent. "Papa what's happening?" Mirabel asked her papa catching the attention of her cousins. "Mirabel?" Camilo asked seeing his cousin. "Camilo is that you?" Mirabel asked before getting a squeak of approval from Blanco. "Mirabel is this where you've been for the past 2 months?" Dolores asked not trying to be sus. "Dolores? Have you brought any Arepa's for us?" "You knew Dolores?!" Camilo asked in shock.

"So Casita is breaking, Abuela lied and said I tried to snuff out the candle's flame and take away the miracle and I became like papa. Wow so it's 'We don't talk about Mirabel' now." Mirabel said doing a recap of what happened in the 2 months she lived in the walls. "Yes." Camilo and Dolores said at the same time. "Well that sucks. Wish we could help but I'm blind and papa no longer does visions anymore."
Mirabel said. "Yeah and even if I could y'all wrecked my vision cave which sucks because I need a big space to do my visions." "Use my room. The rats told me everything." a little voice said catching the attention of everyone. "Antonio what are you doing here?" Camilo asked his younger brother. "I saw some rats and followed them." Antonio said. "Who are they?" "Hola mi sobrino I'm sorry I couldn't watch you get your gift." Bruno said. "Tío Bruno?" Antonio asked.

They sat in the middle of Antonio's room Mirabel and Dolores standing at the door to hear if people are coming that way. "So Mira what happened that left you like this?" Camilo asked his twin cousin. "The night Antonio got his gift I went to see the candle. It didn't recognize me and flames lashed out burning me and blinding me. Blanco here is my seeing rat." Mirabel explained to her cousin. "Alright here we go." Bruno said catching Camilo's attention.

"There's no way Mirabel's hugging that Barbie doll looking weasel." Camilo said looking at the vision. "Yeah I know Camilo. Abuela hates Mirabel and Mirabel doesn't like her either." Dolores said looking at the vision as well. Bruno and Mirabel left to the walls after the vision was made. They said something about how someone could come in and try to bring them back to family and them not wanting that to happen. In reality they left so they could patch up more cracks that were appearing. "Dinner time." Antonio said outside his door. Camilo and Dolores left his room and went to the table for dinner with the Guzmáns. Everything was going great until a few of Antonio's capybaras grabbed the vision from Camilo's pocket in ruana. He didn't know that they took the vision and were putting it together and sliding it down the table until Abuela said something.

Camilo and Dolores got into a fight with Abuela while Bruno and Mirabel were trying to patch up the remaining cracks in the walls only for more to appear. Everything Bruno saw in his last vision before living in the walls was happening. Everyone got out of the house. Bruno and Mirabel went to the river since the mountains around the Encanto were cracked open. Abuela was sitting there looking at the river where Pedro died. Until the noises of a horse running to her were heard.