SET UP

No one knows me, including myself. For all I know I’m Jane Doe. I worked in the pentagon a  while back for National Security. I got kicked out after two years, for not following orders of course. They assigned me neither a home nor an identity. Once my job was done I met a strange woman called Alice Frengmen. She was twenty three. She got me a job that required my abilities without getting attention from any police forces, but nothing ever works as planned, does it?

    “Jane. What the hell are you doing?” asked Alice furiously.

    “What you wanted me to do?” I said questioningly.

    “No! I told you to kill Dawson without having cops on your ass!”

    “Calm down, it's not that bad.”

    “Not bad?! You’re on your motorcycle in New York City with twenty cop automobiles after you!”

    “Don’t worry I’ll lose them all.”

    “Ha. Don’t be cute with me, kid.”

   Alice always had a bad temper. I met her in Brooklyn. I know, I know - bad place. Well it was the only place I liked. I’ve been on the subway station for hours. Then one night I fell asleep. Next thing I knew I woke up in Brooklyn. Just seeing all the bad people here made me feel safe, in a strange way. They were dangerous, just like me. They weren’t afraid of violence. They weren’t afraid of getting their hands dirty. I am definitely not afraid of that.

    Alice saw me in an alley fighting with a drug lord. The drug lord was all over me. He punched me in my face, stabbed me three times in my stomach, and shot me once in my arm.  That's when Alice went in and tried to stop him.

    “What the hell? Get the fuck off her!” said Alice.

    “No, let him do it,” I said proudly.

    “This bitch deserves it. She be coming’ up to me like nothing’. Tellin' me she was taking over?” the drug lord snarled.

   He kicked me in my stomach. Alice was trying to stop him. At this moment I was on the ground. My heart was racing. I grabbed his leg, pulled it and made him fall. Then I got up, used all my strength and kicked him twice between his legs. He was down, but only for a little while longer. There was rope nearby; I grabbed it and I tied his arms back.

    “Get up! Get on your knees!” I said as I pulled out his gun. I slowly pushed it against his head.

    “Have any last words, you piece of shit?!”

   “You crazy. You don’t know who you be messing with. If you shoot me every single of my boys will get your little white ass. You think they’re afraid of you. No! They won’t go until they get their revenge on you. You be wishin’ you were already dead,” he laughed.

    “Actually I do know who you are. Why do you think I came after you? You think you should live? You sell drugs to children. You kill families in front of each other. You will kill a little child who had nothing to do with you.”

    “You’re going to regret this, you better be listening.”

   “I never regret anything. You can tell your boys about me once you're all back together in hell. Don’t you think you're a badass, threatening me?”

    “You're nothin’, but a fake,” he said.

    “Shh. You have such a potty mouth,” I said.

   That’s when I got his tongue out his mouth and shot it. By now he was on the ground screaming with pain, wanting to cover up and stop the bleeding. He couldn’t though; he had nothing. His hands were tied behind his back. There was no way he could save himself. I felt no remorse. Just gratitude. Pride was what I had. I didn’t notice Alice until she talked. It spooked me.